how do you celebrate birthdays on your unit?Register Today!
This is a discussion on how do you celebrate birthdays on your unit? in Nurse Colleague / Patient Relations, part of General Nursing ... what do you use to post co workers birthdays on your unit? and what do you do to celebrate? i am...by ohmeowzer RN Jan 29what do you use to post co workers birthdays on your unit? and what do you do to celebrate? i am looking for motivation ideas for my unit. any ideas would be great , for any ideas !! my unit has nothing for birthdays, no pot lucks no nuthin !! thank you very much !! does anyone know if there is dry erase , like birthday balloons or cupcakes to write birthday names and dates on that can be erased off? thank you !!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=811933©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 445 Views
- Jan 29 by TheCommuterA monthly newsletter is generated by HR that lists everyone's birthday during that particular month. Also, HR leaves a bakery cake in the breakroom one day every month to celebrate the birthdays of all employees who were born in that month.
- Jan 29 by Kidrn911Nothing, and I am fine with that
- Jan 30 by dah dohMy old manager used to bring appetizers and a cake and announce birthdays for the month during the staff meeting. I used to think its dumb. But I sorta miss that little extra touch that she did for us. At my hubby's work, they each draw names of a coworker and for that person's birthday the other person gets you your favorite type of cake.
- Jan 31 by KatieP86Nothing usually, and I am fine with that. I don't need co workers to celebrate with me
One year we were all working nights, the people that were on shift were all really close, friends outside work even. So it was one co-workers birthday and everybody surprised her with cakes and a small gift.
One place I used to work had a birthday fund. Everybody would pay £5 and the birthday organizer would buy a card and a small cake or gift for the birthday.
- Jan 31 by eatmysoxRNWe usually have a small meal (nachos and cupcakes, pizza, sandwiches...) but it's just between my rotation and the manager isn't involved.
~ No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent -Eleanor Roosevelt ~
- Feb 19 by jmll1765We usually get a cake or cupcakes and have a potluck meal. It's usually just my shift and our director isn't involved. Our nursing supervisor will participate and occasionally we invite ICU and ER (I work med-surg in a small rural hospital).