Check out those veins!Register Today!
This is a discussion on Check out those veins! in Nurse Colleague / Patient Relations, part of General Nursing ... Have I been a vascular nurse too long? Tell me I'm not the ONLY one! Does anyone else check out...by susanmary Apr 10, '02Have I been a vascular nurse too long? Tell me I'm not the ONLY one! Does anyone else check out people's veins in the general public -- see someone and think "what great veins?" I promise, if I'm the only one who does this, I'll go to nurses anonymous. "My name is Susan Mary, and I haven't checked out anyone's veins for 3 days."
Have I been in nursing too long? My husband just shakes his head and laughs. Truly, we all need to step back and laugh at our quirks sometimes.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=15836©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,938 Views
- Apr 10, '02 by CriticalCareOncOh no you are not alone! I'm not a vascular nurse but since IV teams are not too much "here" anymore, we have to start our own IV's. I've been a nurse for ten years. I've been checking out other people's veins for the past nine years. It's not a fetish is it? ROFL! :roll
- Apr 10, '02 by VickyRNDo it all the time!!!!
- Apr 10, '02 by dawnglovesOh, yeah! All the time.I look at big 'ole pipes and think, "18G, No problem! " I love palpating my husbands veins and wish everyones were as plump and springy! Sick, sick, sick!
- Apr 10, '02 by SICU QueenI check out veins ALL the time, although I have to be honest and say that when I saw the title to this post, I immediately thought of myself trying to check out the veins that are accumulating behind my knees from too many years of standing...
- Apr 10, '02 by NurzofFaithI'm Channa, a nursing student and I'm afraid I am becoming addicted...to veins..LOL I will graduate in 5 weeks and since starting IVs in clinicals/skills lab I cannot help but look, I know I am virgin vein addict, but its SO fun..LOL
My husband hates when I look at his hands and then work my way up..well you get the drift...can I join this addiction group too? Am I going to need therapy??
- Apr 10, '02 by ERNurse752Guilty...
- Apr 10, '02 by TracyB,RNLOL. I also need to join the group. When I am feeling a bit obnoxious, all I need to do is start palpating those beautiful veins my hubby has & say "This looks like a good one." He gets sooooo pale. It's too funny
- Apr 10, '02 by BrandyBSNMy name is Brandy, and I am an addict
- Apr 10, '02 by kewlnurseI do it all the time and I contimplate sticking a 16 ga in my own cephalic vein it's so darn big