UNC BSN May 2013
- 0Feb 4, '13 by luvmydogNCI just wanted to see if anyone was applying for UNC-Chapel Hill's BSN program starting in May 2013!
- 0Feb 5, '13 by luvmydogNCI applied to UNC's program when I was an undergraduate for May 2011 and was wait listed (so I changed my major and graduated early). I also applied to WSSU ABSN program that was to start Jan. 2013 and was not accepted. My application has changed a lot so hopefully I will get in this time at UNC!
I was hoping someone else was going to start a thread and when one didn't pop up I decided to go for it, I couldn't be the only one applying!!
- 0Feb 6, '13 by dane2010Well it looks like we are the only ones! Haha hopefully that means good news in about a month . I applied to duke and UNCG as well. I hate waiting...I'm usually a very patient person, but I haven't been lately! What kind of medical experience do you have?! Hopefully someone else will find us!
- 0Feb 6, '13 by kelsey939Hey guys! I also applied to UNC's 2 year nursing program. I graduated with a biology degree from a private liberal arts university in NC back in 2011. I've been accepted to one of my top choice accelerated programs and I have an interview at my other one. I like what I have seen from UNC but as a 2nd bachelor's degree applicant, I'm wondering whether I want to take 2 years to complete the program instead of an accelerated. Anyone else feeling the same or have any thoughts?
- 0Feb 11, '13 by brittbrittRNHello! I am glad this thread was started! I am a second degree BSN seeker applying for May 2013.
@kelsey939- I am also seriously wondering if I want to take two years to complete a BSN when I could do it much faster(I just got accepted into an ABSN as well, much more expensive though).
What does everyone have for healthcare experience/volunteering/GPA? I feel like I am out of my league, being that UNC-CH is so highly ranked.
After reading the thread from May 2012, so many of the 2nd-degree seekers were not admitted, and it seemed like the undergrads are preferred.
March cannot come soon enough!!