Thoughts on PCMH (now Vidant Medical Center) - Page 4Register Today!
- Jan 26, '12 by narakiraHi SimplisticRnx,
I am from Portland. What about you? Good luck with your interviews. Phone interviews can be a little scary. You might get some scenario questions. Just remember your basics like ABCs. They know we are new grads. Also, asks lots of questions. I think you have to ask to get to shadow. Even if you don't, they will go over the whole unit with you. Everyone I met there was so friendly. Let me know how it all goes!
- Jan 26, '12 by nathRNTheChair1 I am planning to go next week. What about you? I do not be on this site alot but if you want to talk email me firstname.lastname@example.org Best of luck.
- Jan 27, '12 by nathRNHi simplistic. Did you had your interview yet?
- Jan 27, '12 by TheChair1Hi nathRN! I am travelling next week for a site visit as well. I'm very excited even though I don't know what to expect. Best of luck to you as well! Maybe we will bump into one another.
- Jan 27, '12 by SimplisticRnxNathRN: I was suppose to have my phone interview this Tuesday, but they changed it to next Monday instead. Which unit are you interviewed for? Best of luck to you guys on your site visit next week. Let me know how everything goes. I'm hoping to move along on this interview process too
- Jan 27, '12 by SimplisticRnxErin: I'm from the Salem area
- Jan 30, '12 by narakiraHey SimplisticRnx,
This site will not let me send private messages, but I can receive them. If you send me your personal e-mail address, we can write that way. Also, sorry for the delay. I was busy packing and stuff. I love Oregon and am really going to miss the culture here. I went to school at U of P. How about you? The reimbursement is for flight and rental car. They hook you up with hotel. I think reimbursement is around $750. You just e-mail them your receipts. It take a few weeks to get the check after your interview. I wouldn't do skype. It is so much easier to talk to a group of people in person. Also, they give you a tour and you get to meet other staff members when you are there. I didn't even know Skype was an option. I interviewed on a Friday and was called Monday with an offer. The actual paper offer took longer to get to me in the mail. Everyone I talked to on the phone was great. It is ok to be nervous. Once you start talking to them, you will feel less nervous. They really don't expect you to know everything. Just know how you learn best. I hope this helps. Sorry for the delay. Let me know how it goes!
- Jan 30, '12 by TheChair1Erin,
I was wondering if you wore a professional suit or scrubs to the site visit. I was planning on dressing professionally, but in the email that the recruiter sent out she said that scrubs were okay. How was everyone dressed? Thank you for the information.
- Jan 30, '12 by narakiraHi TheChair1,
I dressed professionally. I didn't actually see anyone in scrubs. Some people chose to wear some high-high heels with skirts. I thought that was a little distracting, but who knows. I just wore slacks and a sweater. Best of luck with the interview! Which unit are you wanting?
- Jan 30, '12 by TheChair1Erin,
I don't think I would make it through the 4 hours with high heels on! LoL! I will just wear my suit as planned. Well I didn't really have any input in the unit that I would be interviewing for. Neuroscience is the department that has interest in me and that is more than fine with me. I'll be flying out on Tuesday and I am very excited and nervous. I'm just going to be myself and see how it goes while hoping for the best. What unit did you accept an offer from? I can't wait to see the hospital! I'm glad that everything went well for you and who knows we might bump into one another in a few weeks!