Gaston College PN Program - Page 4Register Today!
- Apr 5, '11 by NCstudentnurse715Omg! I loved the aspects of surgery and the procedures, which I was already used to. I loved the school and my peers but VERY quickly realized I that the scrub role alone was not for me. I already worked for surgeons for years and liked that I had the ability to assist with procedures but then actually get to know the patients, give injections, draw blood, get fetal heart tones, etc. I commend ALL surg techs for all they do. I left surg tech school to finish nursing prereqs in time to apply for 3 nursing schools. I loved being a Certified Medical Assistant but I want to KNOW why a patient needs this or that and I want to KNOW how things-such as meds- work with the body system. I've grown tired of being "mechanical." I want to be an educated nurse. I see all of my experiences as blessings and I know they will give me a great understanding of people in other medical positions. By the way I left surg tech school with a 4.0 which I was very proud of even though I left.
- Apr 5, '11 by NCstudentnurse715Oh yeah and I was $0.85 away from being capped with my pay in my CMA position. I'm only29! Smh lol
Violet I will pm you in a bit....
- Apr 6, '11 by VioletKaliLPNi can 1000% relate! wanting to know the 'why' and 'how'. as a child i always asked '"why?".
that is a great thing about nursing, the sky is the limit. there are numerous opportunities, educational paths like rn, bsn, np, etc, which can allow you to grow as a professional. it can also allow your income to grow as well.
it's such an amazing journey, you will not regret it.
- Apr 12, '11 by babydoll3375I applied for both RN and PN programs. I just found out that I got into the RN program! Yay me!! So I can assure some of you on here that the numbers for the PN program will drop as people like me who applied for both take the RN spots. Good luck everyone!
- Apr 12, '11 by NCstudentnurse715Hey thanks BabyDoll for the heads up and congrats on getting in the RN program!!!
- Apr 15, '11 by Lelumina21Im so glad the RN's are getting their letters for acceptance....but can we LPN's get a little love????
Good luck to everyone
- Apr 15, '11 by kaylen26That's all I ask is for some love!! Maybe we will find out next week.
- Apr 18, '11 by Lelumina21Bless your Heart!!!! Now maybe we can all stop stalking the mailmen and breath. Great work! Good luck everyone and I registered for day classes so if I get in, I look forward to meeting you all.
- Apr 19, '11 by NCstudentnurse715Yeah, I had spoken to "her" as well. She said that they are mailing out acceptance letters on Wednesday and next week they will send out the wait listed letters I wish everyone the best!! As for me, whatever happens, happens