Forsyth Tech Spring 2013 - Page 2Register Today!
- Hi brightfuture!
I just did my MAR review today. I was the only one there lol but it was around 8 on a monday so they may be more coming lol I still had to wait about 30 min to meet with the advisor tho. I can't stand waiting anymore!
- Hi RayJ!
You are going to drive yourself crazy! lol. Did they give you any info in the MAR about the number of points you have being good?
No lol she just said they can't really say for sure what the range will be but that i was within the last couple of ranges from past semester. so I'm really hoping that I'm in lol I mean i feel pretty good about my points. I'm just hoping that some people dont have all their classes or have Cs in A&P. lol
- If you want to exchange emails we could chat more? I am also debating about retaking the TEAS. I was really sick when I took it and think I can do better. I had all the classes on the list completed with A's with the exception of one B. I am feeling like the range will be higher this semester.
- I sent you a message from Kuhnskeke...
- Aug 7, '12 by lisadowhatCan someone tell me what the MAR is?
- Aug 8, '12 by Brightfuture4usHi Lisadowhat
The MAR review is done after your other things such as transcripts, nursing info session etc are complete. Basically you go in with an advisor and they calculate your points and make sure your totals match to theirs. I am going tomorrow as the other requirements are done. It is the final step to schedule your TEAS test.
- Sep 11, '12 by Faith_and_FavorI'm super late to this forum, but anyway I'm in the same boat. I've done all I can do to get in the program. Just need to hear some good news!! I thought about taking the TEAS over but ummm $35 doesn't just hang around in my pockets on the regular. Which is partly why I need this the degree.
I read somewhere that at GTCC your TEAS score matters the most over grades. So say I have 35 points and made a 75 on the TEAS as opposed to another person with 45 points and a 65 on their TEAS. I would have the upper hand. I don't know how true it is (or if it even applies to FTCC) but it makes me feel a type of way, because I worked REAL hard for my A's and B's I want them to count for something..!!
BEST WISHES TO YOU ALL
- Sep 12, '12 by balatroAccording to the MAR review I went to, accepted students for the Fall 2012 program had composite scores of 158-183'ish.
On FTCC's system, I'm at 147 currently.
I have a C in Gen Psych and a C in A&PII from nearly 8 years ago, both dragging my scores down. I doubt, honestly, that I could bring the A&PII up to an A but the Gen Psych I know I could - I've gotten As in Developmental and Abnormal, so I feel confident there.
My TEAS was a 74 with absolutely no studying and no idea as to what the test even covered - so with some work I could boost this some.
I guess the question is, could I boost it enough to "matter" -- I'd say a 160 composite would be "safe" but a 13 point improvement on the TEAS would be interesting, to say the least.