On average, how much do CNA's makes starting out in NC??Register Today!
- by mzsuccess Nov 3, '12Also, whats the best area to work and apply? I.E. nursing homes, hospice, home care??I just got my CNAS and also on my way to become a RN, so any information would be helpful! thanks
- Nov 4, '12 by SnickerSnackerAfter getting certified this spring, I started out at $9.15 in a hospital without experience. I had also been interviewing for a home care job that paid $10 an hour, but that was an independent contractor position.
- Nov 4, '12 by mzsuccessDo you live in NC?
- Nov 4, '12 by SnickerSnackerYep, in the Winston-Salem/Greensboro area. As far as what's the best area to work in and apply, I don't know. I think conventional wisdom has it that hospital is easier and better paid than nursing home, but I don't know if that's true. I think my pay is similar to what the area nursing homes pay new CNAs.
I imagine that home care might be the nicest setting. Then again, I've never worked in that setting. I'd love to hear what other people think.Last edit by SnickerSnacker on Nov 4, '12 : Reason: Forgot to answer all of the questions
- Nov 5, '12 by mzsuccessMy friend told me they start out around $11 an hour. I live in Charlotte, I was hoping to make a little more money. Thanks for your reply
- Nov 12, '12 by RunnerRN2b2014Quote from mzsuccessI'm in Charlotte. My first CNA job (this spring) was in a very nice nursing home, 2nd shift, and pay was $10.10 an hour. I'm now at a hospital PRN and make $9.39 an hour. While I make a bit less, the work is far less physically demanding (working peds), my duties are definitely more nursing and less caretaking, and the hospital is AWESOME. Healthcare techs (CNA + unit secretary) make a bit more, around $11.00/hr. I want the floor experience since I'm in nursing school and I don't need the money so I'm quite happy where I'm at!My friend told me they start out around $11 an hour. I live in Charlotte, I was hoping to make a little more money. Thanks for your reply
- Nov 15, '12 by mzsuccessYeah i heard its alot of physical work. Glad you found your path.
Do you mind letting me know the nursing home where you worked, so I can apply? thanks