Anyone applying to the UNCW School of Nursing for the Spring 2013 Semester?
- 0Jun 30, '12 by sealfordI am taking the TEAS V next month ( I won't even get into how stressful that is!), and was wondering if anyone else around the forum was applying by the August deadline. It would be nice to be able to "talk" with others who are in the same boat as I am. Also, if anyone else has applied for prior semesters, what was your experience like? I am new to all of this, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
My advisor said that there were a lot of freshmen who were trying to apply and they had several C's in their science classes...has anyone else heard of this?
- 0Aug 6, '12 by pthelper777Hi! I also applied for the Spring 2013 cohort at UNCW and dropped off my application on July 27th. I took the teas on the 26th and scored an 87.3; I'm hoping that is what I needed to get to be accepted. I too am applying for Option 2. I have also heard the SON is hoping to get letters out by end of September, early October. Waiting is tough. I wish that they could post something about ranges of scores, just to see if we are in the ball park.
Anyway, I wish you both all the best!
- 0Jan 3, '13 by indie.grlHi! I was looking into moving back to North Carolina to go UNCW SON program, I was wondering if any of you could give me some info on what kinds of GPA's get accepted? I only have a 3.0 and I know that's not too hot but I'm getting ready to take the TEAS and hoping for a high score. Any advice you guys and gals can offer will be highly appriciated!
- 0Jan 15, '13 by sealfordJust got my acceptance email! For the person above me, here is a link that shows the different GPA's. I got an 80 on the TEAS and got in and received a C in statistics (yes, it that was horrible!) and I still got in. However, I had A's in just about everything else.
- 0Jun 26, '13 by kml0807i am applying in like a year my question is i currently have a GPA below a 2.0 due to the fact i was homeless and could not concentrate on my studies last year i since have switched schools to a Career college ECPI for medical assisting and hate it so i am going back to Wake technical community college and want to apply i know if i can buckle down and get all a's i can achieve it i currently have 23 college credits but only 11 of those are transferable so therefore i know it can be done.If anyone could please give me advice it would be greatly appreciated
- 0Jul 7, '13 by sealfordI think that there is always a way! I was in nursing before and my ex made me quit, so I was thrilled when I was finally able to come back. I know that most of the people I've spoken to had at least a 3.5 GPA, but if you are able to get the right classes, it shouldn't be too hard to pull up.
- 0Aug 27, '13 by diacruz24Hi! I am applying for the UNCW SON this fall and I am very nervous!! i have a gpa of 3.1 so far and i am hoping that with the classes i am taking this fall will help bring it up! For those of you who have already applied to the SON and got in, how was the TEAS test? and what kind of grades did you guys make in your pre-rec classes?