Anyone applying to ABSN at WSSU for Jan 2012 - Page 2Register Today!
- Does anyone know what the average number of applicants is? I submitted my application last week!
- Wow! That's alot of applications!! And the deadline isn't until next Thursday! How long ago did you hear that figure?
- Aug 26, '11 by cdkjassoI asked that question when I had my meeting & I was told that "a couple hundred" apply....yikes! Anyone figure out what else is used besides the pre-reqs in the ranking?? I'm getting super nervous!!
- Aug 28, '11 by Monster41Hi, My name is Haley and I applied to the ABSN program at WSSU for Jan.2012. Just a little bit about myself, I graduated in '08 with a BS in Biological Anthropology from The George Washington University with a 2.97. Not my finest moments in academia, but I did grow personally at that time. I have all As in the pre-reqs except Chemistry, with a C. It was a summer class and I will never again work full time and take a hard science over the summer. It was terrible. Anyone else commuting from Charlotte if they are accepted?
Anyways, I know we are all hoping to get in and I wish everyone good luck!
- Aug 29, '11 by KenthomasI applied for jan 2012 as well...and live in charlotte....if we both get in maybe we can carpool. My undergrad gpa was 3.5 and im actually a chiropractor. 3.1 in chiro school. Many of the prereqs i took in chiro school...and got a's in some courses and not a's in some....i domt know how they will look at that...for example i took three separate anatomy courses, with three separate gross dissection labs, then a couple courses in neuroanatomy and a course in histology rather than the regular undergrad anatomy and phys courses...my grades ranged...a's b's and c's...but the courses were very very difficult. I wonder how they will equate them to undergrad courses, or if it will hurt my chances? Anyone who has been accepted in the past willing to share what kind of stats they had for acceptance?
- Aug 29, '11 by KenthomasAlso does anyone know how they look at how long ago you took a prerequisite course or if they care? My gen chem classes are a few years old, though i have taken biochem courses more recently....
- Aug 29, '11 by Monster41As long as the pre-reqs are not older than 10 years I think they are ok. A chiropractor seems like a great profession! Why the change? The commute is daunting! But, I will be lucky to get in and I am ready to start!
- Aug 29, '11 by Monster41Kenthomas, did you meet with the advisor?