Anyone applying to ABSN at WSSU for Jan 2012 - Page 14Register Today!
- Oct 5, '11 by KenthomasYou can read here where people said they were accepted, and go back and look at their old posts and see that they had a 2.97 and two c's in prereqs. Who knows....maybe they they have certain male/female and race ratios they have to match. Oh well...life is not fair very often. Its what you do following a disappointment that defines you. We gotta keep it movin.
- Oct 5, '11 by riturathee16yeah..i am also looking for some ADN program now. I am really disappointed, with all pre reqs with A's and Only one with B and 3.89 gpa i was not in...it sucks...
- Oct 5, '11 by cdkjassoIt does...but keep your head up. I'm just taking it as a blessing. I got my acceptance packet today for FTCC!!
- Thanks TKP!
- Oct 5, '11 by ncladyThey must have had some really good candidates. I'm in the same situation you are in rituarthee16--i have a 3.89 undergrad gpa from ECU and all As in pre-reqs except for A&P II which I took over the summer and got a B. I'm not sure what I'm going to do now. My advisor at WSSU assured me I wouldn't have a problem being accepted. I'm thinking about applying to PA school.
On another note...congrats to all who got in. All the nursing professors I've met there so far have been really great!
- Well, I guess since I didn't get an email that means I didn't get in either. I am in the awe at the fact that I have a 3.89 as well and all pre-reqs done and didn't get in either. I guess there are a lot of other great applicants with much better gpa's. I am stuck on whether or not to apply to the traditional program or not.
Congrats to all of you that got accepted.
- Oct 5, '11 by KenthomasHow does that work if you apply for the traditional program? Are there any classes you can take in the spring to speed it up?
I'm not sure if any traditional nursing classes are taught in the Spring. I think Intro may just be in the Fall. I am going to call tomorrow to check for myself to see if all acceptance emails have been sent out since there seem to be some different answers. One person said they called and were all acceptance emails were sent out and then someone else says not all so I don't know.
- Oct 6, '11 by ncladyTo apply to the regular program you must have NUR 2310 which I believe is only given in the Fall semester. I'm in the class right now. I believe there is another class to take in the Spring but I'm not sure what it is yet. I wasn't planning on having to take it!
I was told that the acceptance/denial letters were sent in the mail yesterday so they should be arriving today.
- Oct 6, '11 by Nursetobe1Has anyone called lately to see why you were not accepted or if all emails were sent for sure? It just blows my mind that some were not accepted over others that were with lower GPAs and what not. Totally a random choosing I guess. One would think they would want the highest competitiveness for accepting to keep the program on top. Oh well.