New Grad NICU Support Thread - Page 13Register Today!
- Aug 6, '11 by Bortaz, RNS. Texas.
- Aug 7, '11 by BritniRNCongrats to all the new grads! I'm extremely JEALOUS. I've had my license since March 2010 and haven't been able to land my dream job in a NICU! Any suggestions? How was everyone able to start there fresh out of school?! Pass on your secrets! LOL.
- Aug 10, '11 by sparksnpBortaz, I am located in central Virginia. I am willing to relocate somewhat, but I am married so my husband has to either be able to relocate or commute. It is difficult to get a new grad position here in a NICU but I am determined to get there. So any secrets/advice are welcomed!!!
- Aug 23, '11 by RNnicu42Im a new grad. I got my license July 2011. I have an interview next tuesday in a NICU in a perfect location. I am super nervous. Wish me luck
- Aug 23, '11 by Bortaz, RNGood luck!
- Aug 23, '11 by Cmunst45636I am a recent grad taking my boards in Sept. I had my 1st NICU interview today at the hospital I would lover to work at. They are looking at 7-8 applicants for 1 spot. I should know by next Friday. I feel like I'm going to go crazy waiting to find out. I want this position badly. I felt I did well on the interview which was a peer interview with several nurses. At the end of the interview I ask what are the qualities they are looking for in a NICU nurse, and they all said everything you told us is what we are looking for. So, I'm hoping that is a good sign. I also completed my preceptorship in a NICU (not at the same hospital). They also told me they love to hire new grads. Anyone's opinion on what my chances are?? =)
- Aug 23, '11 by Bortaz, RN1 out of 8, I'd say.
J/K, I wish you luck.
- Aug 27, '11 by 2Nurture1Hello AN family, I was offered a RN NICU position in a level III Children's Hospital yesterday. I am so grateful and excited to finally have this opportunity. To all of those that are desiring a position in NICU, please don't give up, persistence and prayers is what did it for me and I'm sure will do the same for you.