Jcaho - Page 2Register Today!
- Mar 14, '02 by prmenrsI started a thread under "JCAHO" forum. Check it out, more of the same kind of nonsense.
- Apr 14, '02 by PediRNCrib cards are fine as long as they are encased in plastic, just make sure the babies also have ID bands on. Good luck, it'll be here before you know it!!
- Apr 16, '02 by Mofe'nyI have a ? about ID bands. What happens when your micropreemies "outgrow " their bands? do you reband them? i have seen them taped on at our NICU and Just wondered if this was OK.
- Apr 16, '02 by prmenrsWe usually tape the #'d bands to their "bed cards"; if they need an ID band for OR or a Code Red, the clerk makes them one of the kind they use for admissions from the outside. If they outgrow bands, we do the same thing.
- Apr 19, '02 by KRVRNWe reband the baby if the band is too small, too faded, or if 1 is lost. Also if a parent loses one or it gets too faded. One band gets stapled to a paper in the chart and the other (unless it's lost) is destroyed or given to the parents to keep.
Unless the baby is a twin, our tiniest micropreemies will sometimes not be banded at all. Both bands will be taped to the bed. The edges of the band tend to be somewhat sharp and damage the baby's fragile skin (plus they are fairly wide on such a small leg). Technically this is a JCAHO no-no, but of course we do it anyway.