University of Rochester Accelerated Nursing Program - ABPNN - page 12
by aalya123 229,369 Views | 990 Comments
I just got accepted into U of R's accelerated bachelors nursing program. Just wanted to start a thread to see who else is going there!... Read More
- 1Jan 28, '10 by kebuntQuote from pymschrsI don't think it's strictly chronological, so I wouldn't assume the worst. The deposit is $400, and I was given two weeks to accept. Good luck!Has anyone been rejected yet? I Interviewed in November and have yet to hear back. When I looked back through my notes from the interview I saw that the interviewer told me they would let me know before the end of January. When I look through the blog I see that people who interviewed a month after me have been accepted. If they process the applications in the order they were received I should have already been accepted or rejected.....Right? Did i get lost in the shuffle?
For those of you have been accepted:
How long have you been given to accept the admissions offer?
what is the deposit?
Thanks a lot guys!
- 0Jan 29, '10 by bean88Hey all, for all those of you that are still waiting, just like me: I've just heard back from the admission office that they are in their final decision process. They plan to finish the process by next week, and notifying all applicants the following week and no later than the end of february. Good luck to you all. I am getting very nervous . Hopefully Rochester is meant to be
- 0Feb 2, '10 by Xtina2010Hey Guys!
So for those of you who know your way around Rochester...I need some help with housing info. What do you think is the best way to go? Graduate housing? I really wanted somewhere close to the school and Strong so that I could walk when the weather allows. I have been looking on craigslist, but there are very few for the "white coat ghetto" area. Do you guys know anywhere else that has rental listings?
Also, what are others doing for housing? Living alone? With other students?
- 0Feb 2, '10 by noChipEMTHey Xtina and whomever else is looking,
grad housing as far as I know is an option, as for craigs list you might find more openings as may approaches(but I'm more than positive you'd like another part of this process settled!). There are some apartments in the relative area, I would stick to looking in the Brighton area(there are apartments I know of on Elmwood ave down the road from the hospital, can't think of the name of the complex at the moment). There is also Henrietta, there's a complex called Rustic park...it's across the street from Monroe community college and down the road(not entirely in walking distance, maybe on a nice day). Lastly you can try and look for listings in the Park ave area, it's a very trendy part of rochester and pretty safe.
That's all I've got for now, happy hunting and continued good luck for those of you still waiting to hear from admissions!
- 0Feb 10, '10 by Tiffany519Hi everyone!
For those of you that have been accepted to the program, Congrats! I was accepted as well and am super excited!! Now, I'm just trying to figure out the details of everything. Mainly...how I'm going to pay for everything. I've never taken a loan out before so I don't know much about the whole process. Hopefully, I will know how much financial aid and/or scholarships I receive soon. Does anyone know when they present you with your "financial aid package"?? I've also never been to Rochester and know absolutely no one there. I've checked out the Rochester website on housing. I would definitely prefer something in walking distance. Are most people bringing a car? I haven't decided yet. Do you need a car in Rochester?
I can't wait to meet everyone and get started with the program! My birthday is the day after classes start. Anyone want to celebrate with me? =)