SUNY Downstate ABSN Summer 2013 - Page 4Register Today!
- Feb 11 by greeneggsBrooklyn gal, I wish you the best of luck!!! I am actually leaning towards another school and will update you on what happens. i hope you get your letter in the mail soon *crossed fingers*!!
- Feb 12 by ebinbrooklynSo I was speaking with a few nurses/volunteers at a local hospital where I volunteer, and they warned me against going to Downstate due to the huge financial problems they're experiencing right now w/ the closing of LICH. They said they'd be worried about the hospital closing or cutting programs halfway through my schooling since they are in really bad shape right now.
I don't know--what do you folks think? Not sure I'm in a position to say no if I get in.
- Feb 12 by ebinbrooklynAlso, if you are rejected do they notify you by email or snail mail? Just curious, bracing myself to be disappointed...
- Feb 12 by brooklyn2012The notify you via mail if you are rejected, put on the wait list or accepted to the Nursing Program.
The academic programs at SUNY-Downstate are in good financial condition and are not affected by the closing of LICH. Downstate overstepped it's bounds by taking over LICH a few years ago and this decision to close the hospital is an effort to stop the hemmoraging of money.
Anyone else heard anything from Downstate???
- Feb 12 by bemalI'm still waiting
- Feb 12 by Heid5469Has anyone else received an email saying that their application is in queue to be sent to the admissions committee?
- Feb 13 by brooklyn2012I did not receive an e-mail.
I just see from the checklist that my application was sent to the committee on 11/5 for review.
No further information.
Why would they send you an e-mail if a decision about your application was not rendered? weird...
- Feb 13 by brooklyn2012oh sorry..I did receive an e-mail when my application was complete and was being sent to the nursing review committee. It was a few weeks after I sent in my online application in October.
- Feb 13 by nurseburnHey everyone,
So my story is that I didn't do so well in undergrad but did awesome on prereqs. This makes me anxious as I have no idea how they'll interpret this... 3.0 on undergrad 4.0 on prereqs... I have some volunteer hours in but nothing else to show on my application.
I've applied but haven't heard back from the school yet. (sad)
I was wondering for anyone whos been accepted, did the checklist on the website change before receiving your acceptance in the mail? If so, how long before hand did it change?
Also thanks for all the updates everyone.
- Feb 13 by Heid5469ohh okay, this waiting is agony.