Pace University CDP Fall 2012 - page 3
by LauraFutureNP | 42,105 Views | 143 Comments
Hello, I just wanted to know if anyone has gotten their acceptance letter for the Fall 2012 CDP program at pace. Thank you... Read More
- 0Mar 22, '12 by MindylaneI'd love to hear from people who actually made it through the program as well. Past remarks have been resoundingly negative, but it did seem to improve from 2009 to 2011, so I'm hoping that it's a sign of things to come. I am also waiting to hear back from Stony Brook's 2-year program, and that would be a lot more convenient for me to get to, but I would guess that SBU is more competitive due to its price.
- 0Mar 22, '12 by amchugh209Quote from MindylaneNot accepted yet, I am waiting to hear from them. I got my last reco letter in last week and was told that it takes them at least 2 weeks to make a decision. I am thinking it will be longer than that but hopefully not THAT long. I have been waiting to hear from SUNY Downstate since November. The waiting is killer!!That is great! I'm also applying to Nassau/Suffolk, so I guess I'll need to decide if I want to stop working and go full-time (and travel to NYC every day!) or stay working and go part-time, but it's wonderful to know that it's reasonably easy to get to.
Have you already been accepted, amc? I certainly don't have all A's in my prerequisites (in fact, I got B+'s in ALL of them) but my undergraduate GPA is a 3.5, which I guess is decent (although certainly not as competitive as many of other applicants, I'm sure). I do have some healthcare background, however, so I'm hoping that this will help me.
You sound like you have an excellent chance!! I have all A's except in Stats, where I got a B+, and my undergrad GPA was a 3.2 which isn't that great. I think my professors wrote great recos, so I am very hopeful about Pace. I got such a great vibe from them at the info session, so my fingers are crossed!!
- 0Mar 22, '12 by VHFmiaQuote from clam151543Can u tell us what was your GPA and experience, so we can have an idea of what they are looking for?I applied on March 1st and received my acceptance letter on March 14th. For those accepted for Fall 2012, have you received your financial aid package yet? Does Pace offer scholarships? Good luck to all those waiting. Hang in there.
- 0Mar 30, '12 by fcamHi Everyone, After waiting so patiently and on pins and needles i got my acceptance from Pace yesterday to start in the fall! So excited. Are there any others who know for sure they are attending in the fall? I read the past comments on Pace and am now terrified, they made it sound like hell but i have a feeling it will not be that bad, and besides, anywhere you go you need to study hard for these accelerated programs.. I need some support! What do you all think about this? Thanks!
- 0Apr 1, '12 by LauraFutureNPcongratulations!!! Oh my goodness I'm still waiting to hear from them!! and I applied so long ago When I called the other day the girl I spoke to told me that she "bumped me" to the top of the list for my application to be reviewed by a counselor meanwhile they had told me a few weeks prior that it was being reviewed.. this process is terrible the waiting is nerve racking.. I hope to hear from them soon. Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted!! I hope to join you soon!
- 1Apr 1, '12 by RNpearls1908I already assumed that Nursing school was going to be difficult whether its a Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate program. If it was easy then everybody would do it.You are working with people's lives so it should not be easy. So that aspect does not steer me away from a particular school