Pace ABSN program starting 2013 - Page 2Register Today!
- May 24, '12 by jomajomaWell you know the market in NYC sucks big time!!! But a alot have got help upstate, either White Plains, Lawrence, and a hospitals in Creekskill/Hudson area. I started getting interviews at Trinitas, East Orange, and Hackensack in New Jersey, but declined them, since I was moving.
- May 24, '12 by DoGoodThenGoQuote from jomajomaTo be fair Pace is hardly alone in "weeding" out those they think won't pass the NCLEX. Take a peek at the NYS website and you'll find more than a handful of programs that start with say forty students but only graduate about <20 or even <10. BMCC or was it City Tech recently went from near the bottom of NYC program passing rates to the top but only five or so students graduated and took the NCLEX.I am a pace grad..Please be very careful considering Pace, the DO kick alot of people out due to their 77% failing grade in just 1 class. Other schools have a 65% failing grade, and they will let you continue as long as you dont get another failing grade. But at Pace, you get one C, and you are OUT the program. If I knew this before, I would have not have gone to Pace.
This trend is hardly isolated to NYC, as across the nation many programs are quite happy to "kick out" a decent portion of a class even if means only a handful graduate. Long as those handful pass the NCLEX in enough numbers to equal a rate >90% or even make 100% that is what these programs seems to care about.
- Sep 3, '12 by Ginamarie119Hey guys... I cross-posted this on the 2012 bored because there doesn't seem to be a ton of action here. I hope that it gets more lively
Is anyone else still listed as incomplete? I applied for the Spring Cohort in Pleasantville. I am concerned because the deadline was Saturday and I am still listed as incomplete. I am hoping that with the influx of paperwork maybe they just haven't recorded one of my letters of rec and my undergrad transcript. My grad transcript and the other letter are there (recorded several days ago on the status) , and they were all sent out at that same time over a week ago. WEIRD! I sent an email to confirm that I will still be considered, but now I am waiting on pins and needles. LOL.
Good luck everyone!
- Sep 6, '12 by Ginamarie119All set, I am complete and ready to be reviewed. I do have to say that the admission counselor has been awesome. If this is any indication.. I am pretty excited!
- Sep 7, '12 by muffin1120this is a good idea, lets continue the spring 2013 cdp cohort on this thread
can't wait to start and find out who my peers will be
- Sep 9, '12 by Ginamarie119Yeah some action So any ideas when we will hear something?
- Sep 12, '12 by muffin1120Well I applied last semester for the fall and got waitlisted because they filled their class. not sure how many other people are in this situation, but if so, i am started in the spring for the one year accelerated program.
I hope you find out soon Ginamarie, i know how frustrating the waiting process is
jsut keep calling them, and seeing what your status is
- Sep 13, '12 by taratessaMuffin1120 I am in the same situation as you and I will also be starting this spring! Can't wait to meet everyone!
- Sep 14, '12 by Kiki22889Hello all! I just contacted admissions they said they should have decisions by the beginning of October! I am so anxious!
- Sep 18, '12 by muffin1120taratessa-- are u doing the one yea or two year program??
i would love to start a group on FB so we can start chatting about everything
let me know what you think, and if any other people hear good news about starting in the spring, post it ..good luck to everyone else!