Mount Sinai inquiriesRegister Today!
- by NewyorkerRN Aug 10, '10Hello all!
Thinking about applying to mount sinai hospital and specifically interested in labor and delivery. Does anyone currently work there and have any input on working at this hospital whether on the l &d floor or on another floor? How is the orientation? I am a new grad. Are you happy working there or know someone who is or isnt?
Any input would be SO appreciated!!!
- Aug 12, '10 by caroline88Hello,
I am wondering abot same questions as NewyorkerRn. I saw a lot of job openings posted in NY Times and decided to call MS directly. The recruiter told me that they are not hiring new grads.
- Aug 12, '10 by All4NursingRNcaroline that's weird, on the website they do say that they will consider new grads, and when i called the said the same thing... hmmm?
- Aug 12, '10 by caroline88All4NursingRN, that was one of the things that caught my attention- the fact that they said they are hiring new grads. I actually went to a walk in interview and the recruiter said that she was only hiring for home care and I woul not qualify because I am a new grad. Well, then she gave me contact #s of recruiters of Menorah and Shorefront Nursing Homes. When I called they said that they only have one RN spot available, but they are not going to hire anyone yet...So, anyhow... That is my story with MJHS!!!
- Aug 13, '10 by All4NursingRNif that is so, it's a cause of false advertising. they should not state that they are willing to hire new grads when they are not. and i don't know if i'm the only one that feels this way... but i honestly believe it's discrimination. just like how every job should hire people of all backgrounds... they should also hire people of all experience levels. it's not fair to have almost 100% of hospitals in nyc right now ask exsclusively for experienced nurses, they all should be required to hire a certain percent of new graduate nurses. just my opinion.
- Aug 13, '10 by caroline88You are absolutely right. I feel the same way. I also think, its very discouraging to the new nurses ( new grads) who are passionate about nursing...Today, I read that last year two of the major hospitals in NYC were closed down. Thousands of nurses were left jobless, and those experienced nurses are looking for jobs right now as well. So, we as new grads, have a lot of competition going on. It seems that almost every hospital preferssss more experienced nurses rather than new grads.
- Aug 14, '10 by guiltysinsI agree but those nursing postings have been up for so long it's hard to tell how old they even are. If you'll notice there are 279 of them. I think at one point they were considering new grads for most of the jobs they have but a lot of their posts are more likely outdated.
- Aug 20, '10 by ssikhrakarIs MS really hiring??