CUNY York College nursing
- 0Apr 28, '10 by shaggybulldogHi everyone. It seems that CUNY York College has a nursing program as per their website: Nursing (BS) York College - The City University of New York
This is not the case. I recently visited the school and was told that they've yet to get their BS program up and running. Their estimate was SpringFall 2011. The only 'nursing' that they have now is the RN-BS program. I dnt know why they promote this on their website if they dont actually have a program yet. Their staff, Im sure is pretty busy as there are only two people working in the office, but I've been put on hold, and hung up on with none of my questions answered.
Can anyone give me more insight on the nursing program as to when it will start? Even th CUNY application has York College, BS Nursing as an option to check off.
- 12,003 Visits
- 0May 19, '10 by jessicanycHi there,
I'm trying to get information as well and its impossible..figures CUNY! i called today as a matter of fact and spoke to a nasty woman who could really give me straight answers..When i asked a question i would receive answers like: "i think so", "maybe", "i'm not sure" which was of no help. She also referred by to their site, which is pretty much useless. She did tell me that the application for this program is a different application from the rest and it is not yet up and she doesn't know when it will be. Please let me know if you hear of anything, i will do the same....I want to get into a program already!!!!!! =)
- 0May 19, '10 by guiltysinsSeriously? They haven't even started it yet? They've been talking about their 4 year BSN program for over a year now and it's not even there? Ridiculous!
Also, I don't know if I missed something but looking at there nursing courses, there doesn't seem to be a pharmacology class...
- 0May 20, '10 by jessicanycI know completely insane! I was interested in PA before nursing and I was told to say away from York and Touro, now i can probably understand why, hopefully its not the same for their new nursing program. i'm going to look into other schools in the meantime. And your right there is no pharmacology, I have a feeling the program wont be up and running by spring 2011 b/c there's not even an application ready and usually this is the time students begin applying to spring programs..Anyway, best of luck and i'll post if i hear anything new
- 0Dec 17, '10 by mymy1219york actually started there nursing program this semester which was Fall 10, they nursing program told me that they will be admitting people both spring and fall semester because the program is so new however it wont stay that way once they get things up and running. I was actually registered at york but i decided not to attend because there nursing program is so new. Maybe its a good thing that the program is new it probably will be easier for people to get accepted into the nursing program!!!
- 0Jan 8, '11 by muneca13Quote from mymy1219Do you know how to apply or any other extra info you may have, what are the requirments to get in?york actually started there nursing program this semester which was Fall 10, they nursing program told me that they will be admitting people both spring and fall semester because the program is so new however it wont stay that way once they get things up and running. I was actually registered at york but i decided not to attend because there nursing program is so new. Maybe its a good thing that the program is new it probably will be easier for people to get accepted into the nursing program!!!
- 0Jan 9, '11 by mymy1219Quote from muneca13I'll give the links to there website. I hope this will help you. If you are applying there you may have a good chance of getting in. also they are admitting students for both fall and spring semester.Do you know how to apply or any other extra info you may have, what are the requirments to get in?
- 0Jan 9, '11 by mymy1219these are the requirments
entry level (generic) bsn program admission requirements1. students must meet york college admission requirementshttp://www.york.cuny.edu/admissions/transfer
2. students need to enroll in curriculumcode 106- pre-generic bsn program.
3. students must attain a minimum grade point average (gpa) of 3.0 in all general education and prerequisite
4. students must complete the following courses with a minimum of a c grade:
courses description creditsanthropology 101 or sociology 101 intro to anthropology or sociology 3speech 101 speech communication 3
biology 234 and 235 anatomy and physiology i & ii 8
biology 265 clinical microbiology 3
biology 382 human nutrition 2
chemistry 105 essentials of college chemistry 5
cultural diversity 200 level course 3
english 125 intro to college writing 4
english 200 understanding literature 3
mathematics 111 intro to statistics & probability 4
philosophy 102 or 103 or 121 logic 3
psychology 102 intro to psychology 3
psychology 214 lifespan development for health profession 3