CUNY Hunter Generic Pathway Fall 2013 - Page 4Register Today!
- Jan 23 by rksghhi
how long was your career goal statement?
- Jan 24 by fpnycHi everyone I'm also applying to the generic pathway. Would any of you mind posting your gpa and nln scores? I'm sure we're all curious to know where we stand
- Jan 25 by Lebron123Hey fpnyc. GPA-3.6. NLN-taking it on February 1. How about you?
- Jan 25 by fpnycgood luck on the nln! I have a 3.9 and got a 152 on the test
- Jan 25 by Lebron123Fpnyc, you should get in for sure! How did you do so well on the NLN? What books did you use? How did you study for the vocabulary part? Did the science questions in the actual exam reflect the study guide(red book)?
- Jan 25 by fpnycI hope so! I'm still so nervous since they cut it down to 50 I feel like everyone that gets in will have a 4.0 and 160.. :/ but I used the red book to study for about a month. The vocab was hardest for me I feel like with that section you either know it or you don't. For the science most of it was very straightforward but there were wayyyy more physics questions than I anticipated so definitely study that. For the math I felt the questions in the book were a lot easier than on the test and you have to be very quick.. I ran out of time on that part and math is my best subject. But you'll do fine! I walked out of there thinking I did horrible but it turned out alright lol
- Feb 1 by olgar1977Hi guys. Did anyone apply for the New Program? I just took NLN and did not do too well -130. My GPA is about 4.0. My cumulative GPA has not been computed yet.... I applied for the New Program and hope to get in, even though I will have to be at Hunter for 1 extra year :-)
- Feb 14 by pandora22I have a 3.8 gpa and got a 140 on the NLN, what do you guys think my chances of getting in are? I don't feel confident .
- Feb 14 by eca2493pandora- i wouldn't be too discouraged. The gpas and nln scores are always high for hunter but i have seen people post that they have gotten in with 3.4s. So a 140 doesn't disqualify you automatically especially with such a good gpa.
I am applying to the accelerated program but am worried as well. I am taking the nln at the end of the month and right now am just doing practice questions all the time and then reviewing questions i get wrong. Does anyone have any other study tips? I already read/studied all the beginning sections in the red book. Thanks!
- Feb 20 by PyroIf it makes anyone feel any better I got in with a 3.1 gpa