Columbia University ETP Program 2013 - Page 7Register Today!
- Oct 11, '12 by RVLyHey nymalu
I just found this thread! I applied to the Columbia ETP program and in the process of applying to other schools as well. I've spoken to a lot of NPs and there are different views. Basically people say that NP's that enter as a direct entry may have a hard time if their program is not CLINICALLY based. It's also dependent on where clinicals are, and how much it relates to the job you are applying for. The rotations have a lot more weight on them than a student who is getting an RN and doing rotations.
So it really is luck I think. You never really know..I've kind of pushed that thought in the back of my head and not dwell. I'm just happy on moving onto the next step in my life
What other schools are you applying to? anyone else??
- Oct 11, '12 by ARickliDid anyone else just get the email from CUSON about the extended deadline? Now Monday is a priority deadline-- what does that mean? Does it mean that we will hear from the school sooner? Does it mean that the earlier applicants get more consideration?
I've already called the office twice this week- can someone else call and find out?
- Oct 11, '12 by hollysfI'm wondering the same thing! I emailed them, but I am sure tons of other people have done the same thing. If anyone gets a response from them, please share the news!
- Oct 11, '12 by PNPhopefulHi guys,
I actually asked them about this today when I called about a different issue! They said we'll all get our answers at the same time regardless. Priority just means the completed apps will be read first but that doesn't mean acceptance is now on a rolling basis. Hope that helps!
- Oct 11, '12 by the healer's artSo there is no benefit to applying earlier?
- Oct 11, '12 by PNPhopefulNot exactly. I think the whole purpose of extending the deadline is to accomodate those who have a later GRE date.
- Oct 11, '12 by PizzamyheartWow there's really no benefit??
I feel like I'm gonna still apply with the original Oct deadine because I'll probably overthink my app if I wait another month. I wish they could do something like early notification of admissions decisions. Boo.
- Oct 12, '12 by RVLyThat is pretty annoying! I was running around trying to get this application in since its so early compared to other schools. bummer.
- Oct 12, '12 by nymaluyeaa as far as ive heard it priority doesnt really mean much. they've explicitly stated that everyone will be finding out in feb regardless of when you apply. so i cant imagine how it would be really beneficial. now im debating whether I should just take the extra few weeks and make sure my application is solid instead of rushing it in.
- Oct 12, '12 by the healer's artYeah I am going to hold off on sending mine since there's absolutely no benefit. I might as well wait and see if there's anything else I want to add to my resume or essays.