Columbia University ETP Program 2013 - Page 6Register Today!
- Oct 1, '12 by ARickliHello all! It's October 1, applications are due in only 15 days! Are you ready???
Any early birds already get their applications in?
- Oct 1, '12 by PMHNPhopeful13can't believe it's almost the 15th! i'm still waiting for one more rec letter. : / i really hope my prof submits it on time because Columbia is my first choice!
wish everyone good luck with finishing up their applications!
- Oct 2, '12 by PNPhopefulIt's the home stretch, guys! Good luck to everyone!!
- Oct 4, '12 by nymaluHey so I have a quick question. On the application checklist online, it says there's a limit of 500 words for the essay. Most of the other places on the Columbia site it just says the 2 page limit.
To find it, log on, go to your application, click "application instructions" on the left side, the go to the square "instruction pages" on the right side. Click on the 4th link "Admission check list".
- Oct 4, '12 by hollysfHmm, I am interested in this as well. I am following the prompt that is listed under the essay portion of the application. It reads 2 pages, double spaced, blah blah blah.Conveniently, my essay came out to just about 500 words. I wonder which is right!
- Oct 7, '12 by PNPhopefulI'm following the 2 page limit. I don't know how I'd be able to answer everything in 500 words lol
Quick question...In the section where we're supposed to enter our awards along with a description, did anyone else notice that it cuts you off after a certain number of characters? I can't even include the full name of the award Any help is much appreciated!
- Oct 8, '12 by ARickliWe're down to a week!!!
I'm waiting to have 2 recommendation letters in hand--- they are traveling here by FedEx, so I should have them soon!!!
Should I start the online portion of the application even without them? I was originally going to wait until I had absolutely everything together and then finish and mail all in the same day; did anyone else start the online section without their letters/transcripts?
How long has it taken people to finish the online portion of the application? I have to plan this when my kids are taking naps, otherwise I need to work on it at night once they've gone to bed.
Best of luck to all the applicants!!
- Oct 8, '12 by PNPhopefulYes, absolutely complete the online portion! You can actually save and go back to it so it doesn't have to be done in one sitting. To complete everything from start to finish (considering you have your personal statement and resume ready to upload) shouldn't take more than one hour.
- Oct 10, '12 by ARickli@PNP, thanks!! You were right- it didn't take long at all! Finished everything last night, and sent all my transcripts and letters of recommendation by FedEx this morning!!! It's out of my hands now...
I'm so incredibly excited!!! This has been the culmination of over two years' hard work. I feel good- I've done my best, tried my hardest, and whatever will be, will be.
Best of luck to all the applicants! Please be sure to check in here from time to time as we all eagerly wait until February to hear the decisions!!!
What will you all do in the meantime while we wait????
- Oct 10, '12 by nymaluhey, im curious to get all of your opinion. i came across a thread on the site which talks about NPs that go through programs such as the etp program having a tough time finding jobs as an np due to the lack of nursing experience. (its a few years old so it might not be as applicable) but i didnt really give much thought to that before i saw the discussion,
here's the link if youd like to check it out