NM BON length of time for transferring licenseRegister Today!
- by IndianaHH Mar 5Im planning to move to NM from the Midwest. NM is one state I am interested in. I've started reading all the requirements for getting license by endorsement from IND.
IND is not compact, so I understand it will take longer. Does anyone have a ballpark idea how much time to expect for approval?
- Mar 8 by ScarlettzIt most likely depends on how quick Indiana sends New Mexico the original licensure verification form to them. I sent out almost all my NM material in mid-February. Almost a week later, I received an email from someone at the NM BON asking me if I requested my current state to send the original licensure verification form to NM. Unfortunately I read that it can take up to 4 weeks for my state to send this out (but it might be more along the lines of 2 weeks- especially during this season.) So, once that is in, I am assuming NM will have all the material they need and they will probably go ahead in do the background check on me. I will keep you updated on this post as to when it comes in. But, I am thinking it won't be until the end of March -to- the end of April. Though, this is my first time going through this, so I haven't an idea.Last edit by Scarlettz on Mar 8
- Mar 13 by mds1I recently moved to NM from the Midwest as well.
My state was a compact state, so my mileage my vary, but all I had to do after I sent the paperwork to NM was to go to Nursys.com and pay a fee that allowed NM to see the info carried on my original states BON. My prior state said they no longer send info as all states now have access to Nursys. You might check and see what your current BON says. Once I paid the fee, giving my ok, it was a matter of days until I got my NM nursing license ok.
Best of luck!! There ARE jobs in NM!
- Mar 15 by ScarlettzMy license is in! It took about 3 weeks.Last edit by Scarlettz on Mar 15
- Mar 22 by mds1YEAH!!! congrats!