- by brian Aug 17, '03Hi everyone! I just thought I'd start the new State forums off with an introduction thread. Please feel free to reply to this thread if you wish. Otherwise, feel free to start a new topic if you wish to discuss other topics that are local or state related. Enjoy!
- Aug 18, '03 by shortsherylHi everyone!
My name is Sheryl. I graduated from nursing school this past May
and just recently received my license. I already have a job on the
Psychiatric unit of my local hospital and I love it.
- Aug 18, '03 by RustyhammerHi Sheryl,
My name is Russell.
I live in Pecos, MM and work out of Santa Fe as a home health nurse.
Welcome to the boards and if you need anything just ask.
- Aug 18, '03 by shortsherylThank you Rusty. I will Keep that in mind! How long have you been a nurse?
- Aug 18, '03 by RustyhammerI've only been a nurse for a mere 18 years.
I'm married with 3 kids a bunch of dogs, a few horses etc...
- Aug 19, '03 by dosamigos76Hi Sheryl and Rusty,
I am just starting the nursing program here in Clovis at the Community College. We've lived here just over two years and I really like it here.
- Aug 21, '03 by RosienurseHi. I live in Alamogordo, but I work in Deming in OB. I love my job and my family and I want to move to Silver City or Las Cruces. Anyone out there know what Silver's like?
- Aug 22, '03 by monkijrHello, It's me Ursula,
I live in the great city of Truth or Consequences, I work with DOH in nursing education/staff development.
I have been a nurse since 1992.
I am sad lately because I was really in hope of attending the get-together in Las Vegas, and work and scheduling will not allow it, am praying for a last minute change. I have never been to Vegas, still sad
nuf of that, Rosienurse, I was just talking with someone that works in Deming her name is Kris, (bout 5 min ago) anyway, we talked about me working in Deming in OR, I have done so many things in nursing and have loved every bit of it, but, would like to try OR, just to say I did, besides that am ready for a change. About Silver City, they have a great teaching hospital, went to school at Western, I have a daughter in college at NMSU, Las Cruces is a growing city, and I do not believe you would have a difficult time finding work as a nurse, what specifically do you want to do? I heard of a position at the university for a nurse.
Do you communte from Alamogordo?
Take care y'all, I am glad I live in the state of "Wide Open Spaces".
Oh, and Rusty, I do need something, I need a miracle , So I can go to LV!!!!!!
- Aug 22, '03 by RustyhammerI'll focus my miracle energy your way starting now.
- Aug 23, '03 by RosienurseHi Ursula.
I would like to stay in OB, as I am studying to become a certified nurse midwife. And, yes I commute from Alamogordo to Deming. I work Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights (usually) and so I stay there when I work. If you were really interested in a position there, they have all kinds of openings. Just about every unit has some sort of opening.