Continuing Education for renewing licenseRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Continuing Education for renewing license in New Mexico Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... My license will expire this coming May, i just want to ask if New Mexico BON approves CE hours from...by ric11 Jan 17, '09My license will expire this coming May, i just want to ask if New Mexico BON approves CE hours from medscape.com website. i really can't afford to enroll to a paid CE program right now, so i settle to free online CE found at that site. i just want to renew my license and i need 30 CE hours.
Replies appreciated. :wink2:
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=363217©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 12,870 Views
- Jan 18, '09 by Medic09Here's the info from the website: http://www.bon.state.nm.us/cont_ed.php
If you have questions, assk the BON directly, and be sure to get the name of the person who gives you an answer. That way, if they make problems later you at least can establish that you relied on their information.
- Apr 5, '09 by jay_jhi! have you found any BON approved sites that would give free CE? my license is expiring in January next year. i know it's far from now but i'm living in a place where there aren't any seminars offered. i have to go to other cities to attend those so i can earn the needed CEUs. and since i dont have the time and luxury to go to the cities near my hometown, i'm looking for sites that would give me free CE and is/are approved by the NM BON.
i already attended a couple of seminars in Davao but I'm not sure if those are accepted in addition to the required number of units.
Can you pls help me if you do know any site that is approved by the NEW MEXICO BON?
ur reply would be greatly appreciated :wink2:
- Apr 22, '09 by rccampThere is a website that does home study continuing education for renewing your license: www.netce.com. They have a lot of different courses, and if you do a special offer it is pretty inexpensive. I have also used the coupon code "TAKE10" and you can get 10% off of your order.
- Jun 11, '09 by mayvstAbout renewing the license, we need to complete 30 hrs of approved CE, right? I'm just confused about certified nurse practitioners, and clinical nurse specialist must complete a total 50 hrs of CE. What do u mean by this? Does this mean that we need to 50 hrs all in all???
Pls help!!! Your reply would be appreciated... God bless us all!
- Jun 12, '09 by jay_jfor RNs, we only need 30 hours of CEUs.
- Jun 13, '09 by mayvstThanks a lot... I got it!
- Jun 17, '09 by mayvstWe are required 30 hrs of CEU for RNs.. The question, netce.com offers a low prices of CE compared to other website like learningext.com its actually NCSBN site too. Is netce.com which is offering CE for all healthcare Professional accredited by the BON? Specifically MN BON? Or are they gonna honor the free site of CE like medscape.com?
I'm emailing BON, but no reply until now..:stone:stone:zzzzz
Thanks for all the concern! Answers will be appreciated!
Thank you Nurses!
- Jun 17, '09 by mayvstmedscape.com is offering free CEU, but I'm not sure if, it is honored by the BON where you registered.. I'm trying to contact my BON if they are approving it..
- Jun 19, '09 by jay_ji've emailed new mexico bon more than 3 times already.. they're not giving a clear answer with regards to accreditation to those sites such as medscape, nurses.com, etc. they replied to my emails but the same answer was given.. nothing close to what i was looking for. it's like they're just sending a standard information.. copied and past. nothing close to what we're actually looking for.
i've been thinking of spending on those 1 CE that already has 30 contact hours, but i'm afraid they might not credit it .