Essex County College Fall 2011 Nursing ExamRegister Today!
- by SNHRN2B Sep 6, '11Hello,
Has anyone recieved the date(s) for the Nursing Entrance Exam for September 2011? I've been studying all summer and I am very excited to sit for the test; I just hope that i do well. I have take all Pre-Reqs and received an "A" in A&P, Chem, and Eng 101...I am ready to test!!
Any ideas on the date or any news? Also, does anyone know of any secrets requirements?
- Sep 6, '11 by mamaxmariaHey! I too am waiting to to take the entrance exam for nursing school It would be helpful if you know which test your school requires. I am applying to Christ Hospital and Bayonne threw hudson county community college. Bayonne using a cognitive skills test for their entrance exam, while Christ uses the NLN PAX.
I dont know which test Essex county uses... but if it is the NLN PAX.... you need to go to nlnonlinetesting.org and create an account.
From their click registration... visit registration store....and then locate the test(Pre-Admission Exam(PAX))...hit register...then hit register again (this site is completely ass backwards but what isn't these days)..
then you select program... Country...State...and colleges that currently holding testing will show in the drop box
The only one there currently is for Cumberland County..
- Sep 8, '11 by SNHRN2BEssex County College uses the NLN exam which should be given this month. I'm waiting to receive the date to actually sit for the test. Perhaps you could speak with someone at your school to find out which exam they are using so that you can properly prepare yourself for your studies.
- Sep 9, '11 by mamaxmariaI know the test my school requires...and I have been using the study guide... they just haven't posted the dates yet as I check the site every day.
Keep checking the site and call the school if you wish. once the test is available to register for it will be posted on the site
- Sep 12, '11 by SNHRN2BI wish that were the case....Essex County College doesn't quite work that way. I was hoping that i could get some information from anyone that has already applied to the Essex County College nursing program. I did speak with another applicant at the school who's also waiting. When i spoke with someone for the nursing department last week i was informed that no date, time or place has been set yet.
Thanks for your help anyway.
- Oct 10, '11 by SNHRN2BI have received the long awaited letter. I am very excited as well as nervous! I will be taking the NLN Exam this Friday 10/14... Anyone else taking the exam?
We can root each other on!!!
- Oct 10, '11 by PhoenixbyrdGreat, Shaqrn2b. Quick question - how long did it take for them to get back to you from the time you submitted your application? When did you submit your application? And when you pass with flying colors, will you then begin the program in Spring, 2012? I won't be eligible to sit for the test until I finish my last prerequisite, and I'm curious about the application process, which I will begin after this semester. Hope you don't mind sharing some info.
- Oct 11, '11 by SNHRN2Bhi phoenixbyrd!
i submitted by application to the program in july of this year (july 30th was the cut off date). they were a little behind this year with responding to the applicants with the test date which should have actually been last month. we are testing to begin the evening nursing program in spring 2012.
the way essex does it is you test in march for the day program which starts the following fall. then they have the evening program which you test for in september and start in january.
be sure that you get excellent grades on your pre-requisites, keep your overall gpa up and study, study, study!!
hopefully, i will pass with flying colors...pray for me!
- Oct 12, '11 by PhoenixbyrdI'll drop a prayer for you tonight, but I'm sure you're a strong candidate with your grades. And thanks for the info. I was trying to understand the process, as I'll begin it in December. Did you prepare for the NLN with the prep book? I ordered mine from Amazon but haven't had the chance to really open it up. A&P is keeping me busy (I have to say, it's quite enjoyable, though).
Kick butt Friday.
- Oct 13, '11 by SNHRN2Bthanks phoenixbyrd!!
i did use the nln prep book to study and review and got lots of useful information from it. read as much of it as you can, take the tests in the book and use the disc that accompanies the text too. have you taken chemistry? if no, when are you planning on taking it?
be sure to stay focused!!