CSN RN Spring 2013 - page 10
Hello everyone, I'm new to the site and I was wondering if there are any fellow CSN RN Spring '13 hopefuls out there. I just turned in my application today and I would love to get to know some of my potential classmates... Read More
- 0Oct 16, '12 by umpakcHi again...I have gone a whole week with out obsessing over not getting the call yet...I feel like I should get a chip like they do in AA...j/k...So i have another question regarding the immunizations...I have received all of the shots including the Hep series but I have no documentation to prove it...does anyone know about how much it costs to get the titer lab run? Also where I would be able to do that?
- 0Oct 16, '12 by christina731Good job with not obsessing! I can't say the same for myself. I still freak out every time I hear my phone ring, even though there is little chance that we will hear this week!
I had my titers done and I went to a regular lab (Labcorp) because I needed my other labs done as well. I'm waiting for a hefty bill because my insurance does not cover it. I have heard that The Vaccine Center (the only one I know of is on Windmill & Bermuda) is cheaper. I would inquire with them! I wasn't thinking about a bill when I asked my doctor to order the titers. I was only thinking about only getting one blood draw :P and now I'm dreading the bill!
- 0Oct 17, '12 by LindaFDHello just reading through all this info. Thanks everyone for sharing! I also wanted to let everyone know that you can have your doctor order your titers at CPL lab. They have very low cash prices! It was only $35 for the varicella versus $200+ for the vaccines. Hope we all get good news soon!
- 1Oct 17, '12 by Sombra1206I am trying to think now in terms of days until we hear... We now have only have days to wait not weeks or months anymore, but I do agree this is not a lot of fun! I have class again on Tuesday so I am going to stop by the health advisors office again that night for any new news.
- 2Oct 18, '12 by kateri8Good luck to everyone. I am waiting also and the waiting is painful!!! Then I see so much negativity about dosages and calculations so I pulled out my book and started doing them just in case. I took dosages and calculations last year and did pretty well and I have never taken college level algebra as of yet. I don't remember any really hard algebra on the dosages and calculations. Unless it's called Algebra and I didn't know it! I have 30 points and hope it's enough to squeak by. I applied back in August. I love reading everyone's posts and I know it will be fine!!! Good luck and happy thoughts.