- 0May 13, '10 by Lauren4268Hey everyone!! I didn't see any forums for those of us hoping to go to Creighton in 2011, either in Jan or Aug. So, how's everyone's process going? I just applied almost 3 weeks ago and am hoping for Jan admission. I e-mail the recruiter right before I completed my application and was told there were still spots open for January. She said I would hear back in about 4-6 weeks...so that's coming up shortly!! Has anyone heard back yet on their app? It seems like the revolving admissions allow for a better chance. Has anyone been completely denied? Do they wait list extra people? Good luck to everyone in my shoes!! =) hopefully we'll be in nursing school in 7 months!!!
- 8,011 Visits
- 0May 13, '10 by brittaboopHey!
I just finished my application for Creighton for January admissions as well. I am a bit nervous about spots being open, since I had to wait for grades to be posted in order to send out my application, but I am hopeful! Good luck with the process, you should be hearing soon! I will definitely keep you posted if I hear anything from the school! I'm hoping to get into either Creighton or Regis. I love the Jesuits, and my boyfriend lives in Omaha!
- 0May 14, '10 by brittaboopWhere are you from? Nebraska is....well.....it's the midwest. Im from Denver, so Nebraska is a bit different, BUT Omaha is actually a great little city. It's got a lot of character, great music scene, and it's super cheap for cost of living (which will be much needed while in the program). I actually like it a lot! It's a good place to spend some time for school! We probably won't have too much time to enjoy any city anyway . haha. Good luck! The wait is going to kill me, so I am just going to pretend that I didn't even apply to nursing school and enjoy summer.
Let me know if you get in! Did you apply anywhere else?
- 0May 17, '10 by Lauren4268I'm from nothern California....so I'm expecting a big change from what I am used to! I actually lived all my life in a town of about 50k people, so I'm used a smaller community feel. That's good to hear about the cheap cost of living, since I dont plan to work during the program =) i've never lived anywhere else but here, so I think it would be a good opportunity to experience somewhere else, even if only for school. the wait is killing me too!! i hope I hear something soon!! I haven't applied anywhere else yet, but I plan to apply to a school around here (samuel merrit, another 12 month accelerated bsn) and Duke. hopefully one of the tree takes me!! i've been a full time student for 4 years now, so I'm really ready to start studying my passion!
- 0May 24, '10 by brittaboopI was really interested in Duke's program as well, with the graduate credits you receive plus their clinical immersion abroad! I would love to apply to Duke, but alas, my undergraduate GPA requires me to take the GRE's. I wasn't so excited about that part, haha . Good luck with those three schools, you will surely get into one of them!
Any work on Creighton yet? All of my transcripts have arrived and everything is on file, the waiting game commences! I would love to stop being a professional student as well....it will all be wroth it soon!
- 0May 24, '10 by Lauren4268Yea I made the cut off by .5 haha so Im glad I dont have to take the GRE! I'm really hoping to get into that program though. Creighton would be great as well! I talked to the recruitment counselor at creighton on thurs, since it had ben 4 weeks since I turned everything in and she said she was really behind on applications and was hoping to get through them on that friday...So I'm hoping to hear something this week, but I'm not holding my breath on it!
when do you expect to hear back from Regis? I'll know about Duke in august, so im hoping IF i get into creighton that I wont have to give them an answer until then...
- 0Jun 3, '10 by brittaboopHey!! That is awesome news, congrats!! I bet it is a real relief to start making some plans. How did the Duke application go? Good luck with those, and let me know what you choose! Perhaps we will be Omaha classmates next spring!
I haven't any word yet from Regis, apparently I might not hear back until Aug. So lame! Hopefully I will hear from creigton in the next two weeks, but now I know to look out in my mail box!
Congrats again! So exciting!