NCSBN 5 week course review extlearning - page 3
by Assess&Safety1st 18,721 Views | 133 Comments
Hi! Did anyone do the NCSBN extlearning review online? What were your scores? I know NCSBN wants you to have 75% on each lesson. Are you reviewing all the materials before taking the post exam? If you completed a lesson, did you... Read More
- 1Aug 8, '12 by healthstarQuote from Assess&Safety1stMe neither, but I was forced to take it lol. I am surprised I'm doing good bc those questions are hard and some are stupid. My friends who took VATI said that nclex is so much easier compared to VATI....which makes me feel a little betterHealthstar, I don't like VATI. :/
- 1Aug 8, '12 by begoshlesson 4 psychosocial integrity - 80% 1st try (i'll go back & review rationale for correct and incorrect responses).
@assess&safety1st - thank you! pre-test was pretty low. i find that studying with no distractions is a must. there's room for improvement with my results under management of care & health promotion and maintenance. content is what i lack.
we can do this!
- 2Aug 10, '12 by begoshQuote from rn1mid@rn1mid: when choosing the best answer related to a psychosocial question...i would choose one that provides for the emotional, mental, social well-being of the patient...patient-centered responses that promote safety for the client and others, encourage self sufficiency and promote independence (i.e., by teaching, referring to social workers, support groups, etc).wow!! how you deal with psychosocial questions??
it is my weakest area!
also, when answering these questions...i think in terms of:
1.) how can i as a nurse provide a safe environment for this patient and others?
2.) what can i do to help the patient become more self sufficient and encourage patient to participate in their care?
this is where i place myself in a role as a teacher, guidance counselor, angel with a halo....all within the scope of nursing, of course.
for other questions that does not have anything to do with above, then i would have to study content. hope this makes sense.
- 1I did two chapters of LaCharity yesterday. I also did q's bank 3 and amazing recd 85% on two q's, one 95%, I was shock but happy. I did pretest score 60% of 150 q's I have been taking my time reading question twice then picking the best answer. 2 more weeks for my NCLEX, and I had anxiety yesterday.
- 0Oh I also review my labs yesterday writing them down a few times and also review alln*r*es study guide, I'm reading first 15 pages since Monday trying to memorize information, too. Today will be drug review on flashcards thru ncsbn
I have not done VATI yet I have two assessment waiting for me from my instructer but that's last today