Hi Guys. I just want to share my experience and hoping that I will help those who will take the Nclex RN.
I graduated last 2010 in a foreign school and took the NCLEX December 2013. At first im doubting if I should go to a review center for me to make sure that I will pass the exam. But since it costs a lot to go to a review center, I decided to just have a self review. At first im not confident that I will pass because I didnt go to any review site etc. Still I took the exam, the computer stopped at 75. I went home, did the PVT and got a good pop up. After two days I found out I PASSED using the quick result!! Thank GOD just one take!!
I just want to encourage other nurses that it's not important if you will go to a review center or not, as long as nursing is what you really like, you will surely pass using your own effort.
I just want to share also how I studied for the exam and hoping it will help you guys. I just focused in 4 things that made me pass. Since its not allowed to say anything about the content, I will just share how I prepared for the exam.
1. My nursing notes from the nursing school
- since I already know the content of my notes before, I tried reading everything again to refresh my knowledge.
2. NCLEX RN-3500
heres the site http://nursing.slcc.edu/nclexrn3500/mainMenu.do
- guys this really HELPED me a lot!! It's free and so reliable.Try to answer 50 to 100 questions a day. Read the rationales of wrong and right answer. Try to make a rationale notebook and write everything you're having a hard time with. Then read it before going to bed. What I did is I didn't use memorization but I tried to UNDERSTAND a certain topic. For the procedures I watch you tubes on how to do it ( catheterization, blood transfusion, chest tube, ECG etc) Try to know the common medications and their contraindications.
3. Saunders Comprehensive book
- I just read the things that I dont know since this is a very detailed book. There's no way for us to finish everything in it. But the CD helped me a lot as well. I tried to answer 50 to 100 questions a day from the Saunders CD. It's better if you will just borrow a book since you cannot finish everything anyway.
4. PRAY PRAY PRAY
.. =D Just put your effort on it and GOD will guide you,
I just realized guys that having A LOT of study materials will just make as confuse and there's no way for us to finish all those books etc. Might as well focus on just 2 or 3 things and understand everything on it. Every material have the same content anyway.
I hope I did help somehow. GOOD LUCK to those who will take the exam!! Just be confident guys!