NCLEX Review - Kaplan, Hurst, ATI ???
- 0Jul 20, '13 by rmtemsguyUnfortunately I have taken and failed the NCLEX RN twice. Obviously my past strategy hasn't worked. I would like opinions regarding Kaplans Complete RN review (on-demand online version), Hurst (online), and ATI (online).
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
- 3,323 Visits
- 0Jul 20, '13 by swansonplaceHurst - helped me to understand basic concepts of nursing. I liked it, and it helped. Did not have a lot of questions though.
Kaplan - has a great rating. Test questions are suppose to be same level as nclex. Content was dry for me. Just using to make sure I can pass application/analysis type of questions. Also, for exam strategy.
ATI - seems to help me to narrow down my weak areas fast. Content is sometimes boring.
Feuer - helped me to get a better understanding of content after Hurst. I really enjoy it. It helped me to bring my scores up quickly without memorizing a lot.
- 0Jul 20, '13 by Ccc5469Kaplan review is great! I took the Live review which is not a review of content information but a strategy that they give you for answering the NCLEX questions that is a life saver! In the class all we did we go over questions using that strategy..but online they do have a content section with videos that does a review as well. Also you get a question bank with like 1300 questions to practice. For me, there's no other class even comparable. It's great! Plus they give you the Kaplan guarantee so if you don't pass the NCLEX after taking the course you get your money back!
- 0Jul 21, '13 by RedDiamondATI was awesome, thats what I used and I felt well prepared. I had the virtual coach/mentor that gave me assignments and directed my studies. I was able to quickly find and focus on my weak areas. I think ATI is the best. I found the Kaplan book to be ok, the question were a little too easy I thought. The Kaplan book gives good tricks on ways to narrow down answers if you have no idea which to pick. ATI questions are similar to NCLEX.
- 0Oct 13, '13 by rmtemsguyI wanted to follow-up on my original post. I used the Kaplan NCLEX complete online review course. I loved it! I feel that it prepared me very well. I tested again yesterday, and the system shut off at 77 questions. I used the Pearson Vue trick and got the "good pop-up"! For those of you that are unfamiliar with the "trick", I'll explain. After you finish the NCLEX log back into your Pearson Vue account. Once it indicates Delivery Successful (meaning they've transmitted your results successfully), try to reschedule the exam. If you go through that process and it allows you to go all the way to the Credit Card payment screen, that indicates that you failed. If, however, you receive a pop-up screen stating "Our records indicate that you have recently scheduled this exam. Please contact your member board for assistance. Another registration cannot be made at this time", that means you passed! People have used it for years now and its always proven to be accurate. I have only found a few people claiming that they could get to the credit card screen, but in fact passed.
SO, right now it looks like a pass for me.....YAY!!!!