NCLEX next Friday 1/27/12! SCARED!Register Today!
- by MorgRN2B2011 Jan 19, '12Hey everyone!! Im taking my NCLEX on Friday 1/27/12, and I just want to get it over with! I feel like it has to be basic nursing, because all the questions are based on entry-level nursing, so it cant be that bad! But I have been using soo many resources to study and do questions. I was wondering if anyone has done ATI and the comp predictor, and how well it correlated with your NCLEX. I got a 98% on the comp predictor, of passing the NCLEX the first time. I have been completely OBSESSED with this exam.. its truly taking over my life. I cant focus on anything else, and all I do is do practice questions and review material occasionally! I even work this weekend (Friday and Saturday), and all I wanna do is study! :bowingpur lol Someone help!!
- Jan 19, '12 by DelishatarverHello!!! I took my exam this morning at 8 am. I had 75 questions and it only took me about an hour to complete the exam. I like you had ATI in school so they used the predictor as a means to gauge our pass predictability. I took the predictor two times, the first time I received an 88% predictability and the second time I received a 97% predictability. I know from others they say not to go strictly by that but I think it is pretty accurate on letting you know were you sit. I studied for 4 weeks after graduating using Saunders Comprehensive, Saunders Q & A, Hurst NCLEX review book I got from Barnes and Noble and a little Exam Cram. I did lots of questions and just rested the day before.
I came home after the test and I am getting the good pop up so I am staying faithful that I passed... Im sure you are ready
- Jan 19, '12 by YDRussellI totally sympathize with you--I know that the important people in my life cant wait for this to be over, because I have not been myself. The day that I scheduled my exam sparked the immediate panic, fear, and anxiety. As I get closer to my exam though I feel a bit of weight coming off my shoulders, though I'm sure it will be right back once the day before my test date rolls around.
When going through the SATA, ask your self the question for each answer choice and whether it makes sense. This seems like such a 'no brainer,' but I'm not positive that I've ever really used that method to answer SATA. I'm reviewing with Kaplan and they are ALL about breaking things down piece by piece.
Deep breaths, good luck!! Just think by this time next week plus a day there's a strong possibility that you'll be an RN!
- Jan 20, '12 by saraannRNI feel like we are twins! I am taking my test on 2/2/2012 and I too am very anxious. I obsessed with doing practice questions even though I got a 99 percent on my predictor. Guess it means we are going to be informed nurses. I know I will pass..just cant wait to get it over with! Good luck, but you know that you will be fine. Take a brisk walk before you take your test. I always tell myself the right question will just come to me. And often it just does.
- Jan 20, '12 by brizzle1Morganooooo!!! I knew this was you even before I read it You will do fabulous because you are awesome and sooo smart!!! I told you what to expect and you will pass with flying colors!!STOP STUDYING---DO questions and relax youre gonna rock it out girl!
- Jan 20, '12 by ntphungI did ATI and didn't really like it. I also did Kaplan and thought it was a lot more useful... however, you are studying so you are in a pretty good shape. always remember to eliminate the least important choice. many of the questions will have multiple answers but you must choose the "most" correct one. it's good to remember your ABC's. in real life, you would pick all of the choices and perform them at the same time... but test-wise, the abc methods is great.
first step: is the question asking for an intervention or will you need to do an assessment? then go from there.