Quote from ric13
HI! Im new here, very very confused and has a bunch of questions in mind....
I want to apply for NCLEX in california. I already downloaded and printed the application forms in their site.
I recently passed the June06 exam here in the Philippines, and still up to now i havent got my license.
My questions are: ^^
1. What, from those forms i downloaded, will i mail to them?
1.a. i went to my school last week and finished other forms like breakdown of educational prog, nursing program verification and even the request for transcript form.. yes they already handed to me my transcript of records yesterday and theyve already acomplished the needed info in those other forms.
2. A photocopy of my diploma enough to make me eligable to take the exam? since i dont have my license yet?
2.a. i read from the forms that if i dont have a local license yet i have to write a written explanation for that. Is there anyone that did that??
3. About SSN.. How can i get that? Is it a requirement before taking the exam or a requirement to practice nursing after passing in california? if i mail my application and my SSN is blank will they not accept my application?
hmm thats my question for now.. really appreciate if anyone reply... thnx alot! ^^
I already have a US visa but its only for tourist.
I am in the situation as you are. May I know which school you graduated from?
1. Yes. The forms in the website you must print and submit directly to BON Sacramento. On one long 9x12 envelope, put your application with picture, hardcard (fingerprint form --- can be downloaded too and be printed with fingerprints at Carriedo NBI OR better go here and apply livescan for about 76 bucks), check or money order, written explanation why no license yet, and a copy of your diploma.
BON Sacramento requires the school to DIRECTLY submit (as opposed to LVN applications) your transcripts with BREAKDOWN and Request for Records to them via mail.
2. BON California does not require local license for the NCLEX RN Exam.
3. SSN is optional requirement. However, upon passing the NCLEX-RN Exam, before your license can be issued here in the US, you must have a valid SSN. NOw, being a tourist.... you need to find an employer who will petition you, provide you with work authorization, and SSN which you can now submit to the BON.
I have already filed my application last Sep 29. According to them, it takes 3-6 months. I submitted via the hardcard process and not livescan which was a mistake. I hope the turnaround times wont be that delayed.
Guys, does anyone here know if I can file both for LVN and RN Exams at the same time? I want sort of a buffer in case (God forbid) I don't make it for the NCLEX RN...
And for those who ticked the interim permit request.... does the validity of the permit start upon being eligible to take the exam OR it depends on you whether when to make it valid.
Thanks guys. This is my first post. Hooray!