Attention, NCLEX takers!Register Today!
- by wish_me_luck Jan 22Hi!
So, I have come to you all with a request. I was wondering since you guys are at the point of filling out Board applications for licensure, could you all consider posting in the Nurses section entitled "Nurses with Disabilities" and in the thread called "Does your state require mental health reporting?"
I need 49 other people (one from every state), except Virginia (I did that one already), and someone from DC. I figured if anyone knew the wording and questions, it would be you all. Please, if your state is listed already, please don't repeat it. My hope is to get every state, plus DC, added. People keep asking about mental health reporting. I have set it up as "State", "Is there a question...?", and "How is it Worded?"
I have a mental illness and I know what is like to have the fear of not getting licensed (thankfully, I did get licensed though). I do not want other potential nurses to be afraid and since people have asked and continue to do so, I thought we could have a source to refer to.
Again, I need every state, except VA, and I also need DC (if there is a license for DC).
The link is here. ( http://allnurses.com/nurses-with-dis...ml#post7133073 )
WMLLast edit by VickyRN on Jan 22 : Reason: add link to thread
- Jan 22 by wish_me_luckMake that 48, plus DC. Virginia and Oregon have been done. If you live in any of the other 48 states or DC and know whether the application asks about mental illness or chemical dependency and the wording, please post it. So many people keep asking about the application process and mental health issues. Thank you!
- Jan 22 by wish_me_luckVirginia, Oregon, Texas, Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, and Delaware are done. Need 42 other states and DC. I am trying to look them up. It will be a work in progress. I cannot get Alabama, Arkansas, and California. If anyone can, then please post them in that thread.
- Someone needs to do Florida as well. That requires an account.
Georgia is done as well. 41 others and DC to go.Last edit by wish_me_luck on Jan 23
- I need the following states, if someone knows. Alabama (the site was down, I might be able to get that one), Arkansas, California, District of Columbia (DC), Florida, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts (that was a beast to navigate that site), and Minnesota. Some require paying first before the application and some you need an account. So, if you live in one of these states and know about the mental health/chemical dependency question, if they even ask, please list it in the thread. Link is attached at the top.
The following are up on the thread in Nurses with Disabilities: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas, and Virginia.Last edit by wish_me_luck on Jan 23
- Okay, so, I have all of them up that can be put up. If your state isn't listed and you have access to the application, please list if it has a mental health/chemical dependency question. The states needed are: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Kentucky, Florida, Maryland, Minnesota, Massachusetts, North Carolina, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, and Tennessee.
- Jan 24 by wish_me_luckDebbles did Florida. So, still need the other 11. Thanks for any help!