UMSL RN-BSN programRegister Today!
- by rkrs6673 Aug 19, '07Hey everyone,
I am starting the RN-BSN program with UMSL this week. I am excited and ready. Just wanted to know if anyone else has done their program online or onsite? What did you think of the program?
- 2,789 Views
- Aug 21, '07 by WDWpixieRNI think Beccazrn graduated from there....hopefully she'll be around soon to answer any questions you have!!
- Aug 21, '07 by rkrs6673Thank you
- Aug 23, '07 by BeccaznRNHey there!
I indeed went to UMSL, but I did the traditional BSN program and not the RN-BSN completion. I don't know how different the two programs are, but I was very satisfied with my program. Pretty much all of my instructors were top-notch and I felt like I walked away with a terrific education.
But I do have to say that some of the classes seemed more like "filler" courses than anything. We took a class called nursing informatics, and everyone passed that course with a perfect 100%. Not that I minded getting the easy A, but all I could think was "what in the world did I just pay $1500 tuition for?" All we did was answer some questions, send it to the instuctor (it was online), and she would send us a reply saying we received the maximum points and "Great job!"
All in all, I would definitely recommend UMSL. Congrats on starting your program!
- Aug 23, '07 by rkrs6673This is one of the classes I am enrolled in LOL... Thanks so much for your reply.
- Jul 26, '12 by sbain51rkrs6673,
I know this is an old thread, but i hope that you can give me a crash course on what to expect. Did you do online or onsite? And how did it all go? Which classes were the toughest? I'm registered for 12 hours of nursing classes this Fall and I worried about the course load. Any advice?
Thanks in advance!
- Aug 11, '12 by travkittysbain51, are you traditional track or accelerated?
- Aug 11, '12 by sbain51Travkitty, I'm doing the online RN-BSN Completion program. I think it's also referred to as FLEX.
- Aug 12, '12 by travkittyAh. That option wasn't there when I went through the accelerated program in 2009-2010. So, can't offer you any advice as I don't know how it is.