SLU vs. BJC Accelerated BSN Program
- 0Nov 15, '10 by Katie22I just got accepted to BJC and SLU for their accelerated BSN programs. I am leaning more towards SLU simply from what I've heard from other people. Does anyone have any advice about either program? Does graduating from one or the other give you a step up in terms of finding a job later on?
- 0Dec 18, '10 by saymo82I know this is a little long after your post, but I thought I would chime in just in case you hadn't made a decision yet...
I graduated in May '10 from BJC's accelerated program and I would recommend going there since it's cheaper than SLU. I got a job not long after graduation, and everyone else I know also got a job in time. I work with some people who went through SLU's program and I don't think they had any more doors opened for them because they went to SLU. I also feel like I got an equal education, and it was significantly less money. Both programs are not cheap, so why spend thousands more?
Anyway just my two cents. Hope this helps a little if you haven't made up your mind yet!
- 0Feb 2, '11 by rltillman86Hi Katie!
Thats so exciting for you I am in the same boat as you. I decided to go to SLU for their accelerated nursing program and I start this May 2011. Did you make a decision on what path you were going to take? Selfishly, I kind of hope you chose SLU so I could say I knew someone coming in to the program! Good luck either way
- 0Feb 3, '11 by rltillman86@ chessknight
I was taking pre-reqs as I applied, and I will finish them up this semester before school begins this May. I think if you talk to the nursing departments, they will give you specifics as to when you transcripts need to be in by. I think for SLU, your transcripts need to be in at max a month after you start, so sometime in June for me.
- 0Feb 10, '11 by chessknightRNThanks for the info and congrats on getting accepted! I'll probably be applying to the area accelerated BSN programs after this semester now that I know that all the pre-reqs don't have to be completed first...I think I only have 4 left. Good luck at SLU! Oh and I think you have to make 10 posts before you can send private messages.