Chamberlain College of Nursing
- 0Feb 8, '07 by loreal99I was accepted into Chamberlain College of Nursing for the spring semester. Just wanted to know if there are any other people starting in March. If you were a former student (Deaconess) feel free to share your experiences. I would really like info regarding clinicals. I am a local student in the St. Louis Area.
- 26,160 Visits
- 0Feb 8, '07 by Medic74Quote from loreal99Loreal99,I was accepted into Chamberlain College of Nursing for the spring semester. Just wanted to know if there are any other people starting in March. If you were a former student (Deaconess) feel free to share your experiences. I would really like info regarding clinicals. I am a local student in the St. Louis Area.
I have a couple questions for you if you don't mind? Are you doing the distance program or the on campus program? Was there a long wait or a wait list to get accepted to the program? How long after applying did it take to find out you were accepted? My roomie is wanting to apply and I thought I'd ask someone who actually is accepted into the program. Thanks in advance!!
- 0I am doing the online ASN program. I had to wait one semster, when I submitted my application it was right on the cusp of the October semester. It took me 1 1/2 to find out if I was in. I found out on January 10, 2007. But originally they told me they would let me know before Christmas. I think with the holiday approaching, they got back logged. I dont really know a whole lot but just ask anyway
- 0Hi Loreal, I'm in your A&P2 class at Flo. I just wanted to say Hi and Good Luck :roll . I'm still tryin to stick with Maryville but I can't get in until Fall 2008, unfortunately.
See ya Monday.....
PS - What's wrong with the teacher this semester. Our first is going to cover Endocrine System, Reproductive System, Heart, and Blood. I don't feel I'm going to learn enough in this class to become a successful nurse. She never goes into detail over the different systems and such. Everything is so general. I guess I can do a little extra studying on my own time but I shouldn't have to. Oh well, holla .
- 0Nik Nik
You will be fine, I took her last year so I know her teaching style. If you would like to study together that will be fine. But here are some main pointers for her class, memorize her study guide that will help a lot the first few test---make sure you read the corresponding chapter (she likes to switch and bait) this will help to give you more detail to supplement the study guide. What I try to do is read the chapter first then go back over the guide, you will see most of the main points are covered in it. I overheard her saying that her test this semester will be fill in the blank ( I actually prefer these). Um as far as the lab I would go to the Math & Science lab and work on the models there, the instructors are really nice and helpful. Before each lab exam, Chris Storer--(A & P teacher) gives awesome reviews. The test for the lab exam is the same across the department. If you need anymore info PM with you contact info and we can talk.
P.S. I dont know who you are. :chuckle
- 0Feb 13, '07 by SillynicunurseThis is my third trimester at Chamberlain. I am an online student and also from the St. Louis area. The majority of my clinicals so far have been at St. Johns the exception being a 8 week stint at Forest Park ( they were having problems securing an instructor). Good luck to you.