Nurse Entrance TestRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Nurse Entrance Test in Mississippi Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... Hey everyone!! I have a question for anyone who has taken the NET...........how easy/hard is it and...by RNgrad2010 Apr 18, '08Hey everyone!! I have a question for anyone who has taken the NET...........how easy/hard is it and what do i need to study? I am thinking about going ahead and doing LPN program and then go later and do my RN bridge. Has anyone done this ......do u recommend?
I know you have to make at least 40% percent on the net to be considered for the program.....and i was told it was alot of basic alg, reading and personal questions....
anyone else applying for lpn acceptance at JCJC fall 2008?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=297204©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,541 Views
- Apr 18, '08 by KimStoopsI took the NET for the RN program @ Northwest. If you have the ACT score you need (if your school asks for that) for the RN program I would go ahead and do it. I know at Northwest the LPN program is 3 semesters and the RN program is 4 semesters. Just 1 extra semester for the higher title and closer to a higher degree. The NET that I took for Northwest they only look at the Math & Reading part. The Math was alot of fractions & decimals. Adding & the such of fractions, changing them into decimals & vice versa. There was a few factoring questions. the Reading was alot of paragraphs with questions to answer about them. There is a Science section with some stuff that I had no clue about, some was A&P. Then there were sections about how you handle strees, how you test & study & about your life in general. Those were about 50 each and yes/no questions. I dont know what I made. I got into school, so thats all that mattered to me.
Sorry so long
- Aug 29, '08 by CarafaithI will also be taking the NET in about a month. I am worried. I bought the study guide, I hope it helps me. If anyone wants to talk or has any advice just let me know.
- Aug 30, '08 by CarafaithNet math problem- 3/16=(?)% x 3/4
Express 37.5% as a common fraction.
I can't figure out how to do these problems- I know that they are probably very simple but it has been years since I have had math in school. PLEASE help.
- Apr 17, '09 by GaMommy8137.5 as a common fraction would be 37 1/2 as a mixed number or 75/2 as an improper fraction
3/16=_% of 3/4 is 25%. In order to figure this out the question is asking what percent of 3/4 is 3/16. You would need to divide 3/16 by 3/4. When you are dividing two fractions you can keep the first fraction as it is and inverse the second fraction which means that 3/4 would become 4/3 and multiply the two fractions. This will give you 3/16*4/3=12/48 or 1/4 which is 25%. I know that this post is old, but I am taking the NET tomorrow and I am digging up all of the practice problems that I possibly can. I hope that you passed and made it into your program. :spin:
- Apr 18, '09 by ~KelRN~Good luck...
- Apr 19, '09 by GaMommy81Thank you! I hope that I did well.