Hospital scholarships?Register Today!
- by manna Feb 10, '04Anyone know of any hospitals in the state that offer scholarships in return for a work commitment?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=57145©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 14,567 Views
- Feb 10, '04 by NursingStudyWhere at in Mississippi are you? I'm in Northwest, MS (Southaven), and I believe that Baptist DeSoto offers a program like that. The drawback, however, would be that they would want you to go to their school in Memphis.
- Feb 10, '04 by mannaI live in central MS and I'm applying to MUW's BSN program.
- Feb 10, '04 by ?burntoutHave you checked at NMMC in Tupelo? Seems like they offer a scholarship...not 100% sure...
- Feb 11, '04 by mannaQuote from ?burntoutThanks, I'll check with them - that's where my brother works.Have you checked at NMMC in Tupelo? Seems like they offer a scholarship...not 100% sure...
I haven't contacted any hospitals re: scholarships yet, I'm still (IMPATIENTLY) waiting on an acceptance/rejection letter. LOL
- Feb 11, '04 by NursingStudyManna:
You might also want to check out the scholarship offered by http://www.msnurses.org/ (Mississippi Nurses Association)
You can also look at the scholarships page on my website (http://www.nursingstudy.com/cgi-bin/csvread.pl) ... there are lots of scholarships listed there that you may be eligible for.
- Feb 15, '04 by LindseyLou2222Whitfield in Jackson offers a very decent package, if you dont mind working for them.
- Feb 24, '04 by bsmith0874Finally! A place to get some answers! I'm thirty and presently teaching school. I begin nursing school in August at HCC. I am very nervous about paying for everything-not only school, bills, etc..., but medical benefits (i'm not married). I am sooooo excited about pursuing nursing and am not naive that it will be a lot of hard work, but I was hoping someone, somewhere would be willing to help. Whitfield? What is that like? Any input would be much appreciated!
- Feb 24, '04 by NursingStudyWhitfield is a psychiatric treatment facility that is located in Whitfield, Mississippi.
Here is their website address for more information: http://www.msh.state.ms.us/
- Feb 24, '04 by Ortho_RNWhitfield is about 4-5miles from the Airport in Pearl. I still consider Whitfield Hospital to be in Pearl.
Good Luck bsmith on school at Hinds.. That is where I started Nursing school before I moved to Arkansas.... Its a tough tough school. I'm glad I was gone