MN Program Interviews - Page 5Register Today!
- Aaahhhhh JUST TELL ME IF I HAVE AN INTERVIEW!
- Maybe calling to find out when we will know will alleviate some anxiety?
- Psshh They have to be sending the emails soon. I can't believe they'd wait until Friday. Of course, if they're making hard decisions maybe they want the weekend to prepare for the storm of emails on Monday of people asking why.
- Did you end up applying to Metro State?
- That deadline isn't until the spring. If I don't get into UMN then I'll apply to Metro State. . .and a list of others. The only other program I considered before was one at St Cloud State which was also a 16 month program for a BSN. But they required all pre-reqs be done when applying and one of those the patho class I'm currently taking. So I figured, I might as well see how this goes first. Thing is, before talking to a lot of other applicants I was really confident about getting in because I'm a guy with a pretty high GPA. But that apparently doesn't guarantee anything. And there's been other guys with higher GPAs than me that didn't get in. So who knows now. I will soon I guess.
- They probably just don't focus on GPA. The avg GPA of an admitted student is much lower than a 4.0 so I'm sure they look for someone who can articulate themselves well (which you obviously do).
Did you take any other of your prereq classes at the U?
- No this is the only one I took at the U. Honestly, I'm paying for all the pre-reqs out of my pocket. I have four kids, and I have a photography business. I couldn't afford to take all the pre-reqs at the U. It costs twice as much.
I figure, once I'm in the program I can actually get some decent student loans and maybe some scholarships.
- 4 kids and going back to school? Impressive!
- That's also one of the reasons this program would be so much more ideal than another one. I can get through and get to work. If it's a different program it adds another year straight away.
- Agreed. That's why I'm willing to shell out extra money to pay for an accelerated program. I'm looking to go get my CRNA in a couple years and don't want to spend forever just getting my RN/BSN.