Mayo Summer III 2013 - Page 11Register Today!
- Feb 1 by nursejaymayI got the "No" email too. Best of luck to the rest of you!
- Feb 1 by WeldonaI got denied too, oh well now we can make different plans I guess.. Yea it makes me wonder what they look for!!
- Well at least we tried! :-) Good luck to everyone else! I hope some from this forum are accepted!
- Feb 1 by studentpuut56I got in!! But...I'm not sure how. My GPA was a 3.79, I have no patient care experience, no volunteer experience besides the Ronald McDonald house which was before college even started, and am not in any leadership positions at school or any clubs. I'm guessing they put a lot of emphasis on the essays... The only thing I had going for me was a semi-decent GPA, two nursing scholarships, and good essays. I've worked since my freshman year of high school but they were all food related jobs. I really wonder what they look for!
But I'm sorry you guys didn't make it! You guys are probably much more deserving than I was!
- Wow! That's amazing! Please dont put yourself down and ask why you got in just to make others feel better! Lol you got in and you deserve it!! Great job! I would like to know about your experience!
- Studentpuut.....did you have a mayo employee reference?
- Feb 1 by studentpuut56I did! I actually did my clinical experience at the Mayo Clinic so my clinical instructor worked there. But thank you! You're too sweet!
- Oh nice! Im sure that played a part too!! That's great because they already know you! Good job!
- Feb 1 by UMnurse310I also just received my "No" e-mail as well. Congrats to those who were accepted and good luck to everyone else with summer plans and your futures as a nurse Good luck in the final few semester of nursing school!
- Feb 1 by meghansnI got the email...and I got in!!!! I have absolutely no idea how, but I am so incredibly grateful! I wish all of us had gotten in, but I hope those of you who did not have great experiences at other hospitals too!