University of Michigan (UofM) Accelerated program - page 67
Hi everyone!!! I am new to allnurses.com - I was wondering if anyone has applied for the Fall 2009 accelerated program? I have not been able to attend an information session due to scheduling conflicts. Does anyone know how many... Read More
- 0Feb 15, '12 by weluv3Thanks so much for the info on the financial aid info for out of state
I know for sure that my transcripts were received on 1/31 (nothing like waiting till the last minute!) but my wolverine access is still saying "not received"
So no, still haven't heard anything....I'm not anticipating I will hear anything for a couple months. Especially since they're accepting apps until 3/1...but hopefully I'm wrong.
Do any of you have apps in anywhere else?
- 0Feb 15, '12 by weluv3Quote from ssmomSo know what you mean! These schools sometimes think we are only waiting on one school...eventhough they say to not put all our eggs in one basket...I still haven't heard anything....my concern is that I also applied to OU and won't know until august about their decision, so if u of m accepts me I'd like to know because I could take my remaining 2 prereqs at a community college rather than at OU which they require (PATHO/PHARM), which would be so much cheaper.
- 0Feb 15, '12 by ssmomAnd for OU I had to take nursing informatics which is required by them but not others....so if they don't accept me it is not needed....I hate to complain, but for 2nd degree people all of these extra prereqs are a big deal, especially if your first degree is a soft science one and you are taking a bunch of science classes. Ahh well, so we will patiently wait!
- 0Feb 16, '12 by weluv3Very frustrating to have diff requirements at each school. With how competetive it is to get into nursing school, we have to apply to as many as we can!!
well, finally, my transcripts are showing as received in my Wolverine account. Woohoo! Now back to waiting for the next account update...lol
- 0Feb 24, '12 by Spartan89I was hoping that I might hear something about my waitlist status, as I have to put down a $500 non-refundable deposit to U of D Mercy by Thursday, but I haven't heard anything. I know that would be really soon to hear though as far as the waitlist goes. I hope everyone still waiting hears something soon!
- 0Feb 25, '12 by kfj6703I haven't heard anything. I wrote the SON this week to try and find out if they've even looked at my application or whether they are waiting until after the new March 1st deadline to start releasing decisions. I got the same exact form e-mail response that I've gotten from Michele a half a dozen times with no mention of the questions I asked. I'm hoping if I get in I don't have to deal with her anymore; I've never felt like more of an inconvenience for asking simple questions. I we all get some good news soon.
- 1Feb 26, '12 by UpNorthTCQuote from kfj6703I know the wait is frustrating (I waited for 6 months last year so believe me I know!) but you have to understand that "you know who" can't go check on every application and the status of it. If she did that for even one person then everyone else would want it done for them. Plus she might not even know when they are planning to release more decisions. Just remember she's one person vs 300+ applicants.I haven't heard anything. I wrote the SON this week to try and find out if they've even looked at my application or whether they are waiting until after the new March 1st deadline to start releasing decisions. I got the same exact form e-mail response that I've gotten from Michele a half a dozen times with no mention of the questions I asked. I'm hoping if I get in I don't have to deal with her anymore; I've never felt like more of an inconvenience for asking simple questions. I we all get some good news soon.
Also, I know the wait for UofM makes you want to pull your hair out, but when I get frustrated I think about the fact that UofM looks at every detail of an application. Some schools (MSU) only really look at your GPA. At least UofM takes the time to look at everything.
Hang in there everyone. I hope you all hear good news soon!!