Select Specialty HospitalRegister Today!
- by Tiffie1210 Nov 14, '12Anybody work or previously work for Select Specialty Hospital? I have an interview coming up with them and would love to get some insider info on it, thanks..
- Nov 17, '12 by nrsang97I have never worked for one. I have only heard of them. They are a long term acute care hospital.
- Nov 18, '12 by Do-overAll I've heard is that they are LTACs. Also, the only one I've "seen" was inside another hospital. I assume they leased the space or it was some sort of partnership.
- Nov 18, '12 by nrsang97There used to be one at Henry Ford Wyandotte, and they leased the space on one whole floor. They used our lab and radiology and house doctors. They are usually located inside another hospital. There is one at Heritage Hospital in Taylor and one inside Siani Grace. I know there are a few more too.
- Nov 28, '12 by vada86I work for Heritage in Taylor, and they rent a unit from us. I would not recommend that location. We have had several issues with Select Specialty. There is an outrageously high level of cross contamination. PPE is rarely used, and patients are constantly getting infected from staff members not using gloves or washing hands. Almost every patient room is in isolation precautions.
- Nov 28, '12 by tewdlesI believe Select Specialty also manages a LTAC unit within St Joseph/Trinity hospital in Ypsi/AA.
- Nov 29, '12 by nrsang97Quote from tewdlesYes there is.I believe Select Specialty also manages a LTAC unit within St Joseph/Trinity hospital in Ypsi/AA.