OCC - for Fall 2012 or Jan 2012 prospective students! - Page 20Register Today!
- Apr 17, '12 by princessim2003To anyone who is taking Pharm this summer:
I'm a little confused on the reading that the professor wants us to do prior to class. In the packet we recieved it says to look over reading activity in units 1 and 2, now in unit 1 it says to read 1-5 ( which I get), but pg 8, 18 and 52-53 don't make sense to me they are at random spots in the chapter?? I don't want to already be bugging the professor...LOL, I feel dumb and haven't even begun the class...HAHA Thanks for your help!!!
- Apr 17, '12 by Anne36Good luck to everyone in next years class. Im finishing up in the LPN program and we also have less than half of our original class left. Whosyurdaddy had the best advice. We do have a couple of girls who manage to work some part time hours but I dont know how they do it. More people tried to hold on to their part time hours in Foundations but after we came back in the fall it was much more difficult. If you have to work, go ahead and try it. When your grade slips to 80-84% you may want to call in sick. There is a fine line between passing and failing. People have failed our program over 2-3 points. Enjoy the next few months while you can. Your life is about to change.
- Hi Princessim2003,
I guess we need to just read the pages given and practice dosage calculations. You can find dosage cal worksheet on HL ASC web page. Anyway the first quiz is going to be on Unit I,II and II according to the syllabus, these comprises of ch 1-8. Looks like reading all these chapters may helps. This is only my suggestion. Are you in monday class?
- Apr 17, '12 by whosurdaddyjust a little bit of advice
for dosages know mcg to mg, know tsp to ml and tbsp to ml. the rest of level 1 math test are pretty easy, just dont take it for granted. know a girl who made it all the way to 2540 only to fail the math test 3 times and now has to wait till Dec to graduate.
also its totally up to you but i wouldnt sweat the pre-reading for class. most teachers test on their powerpoints. if your the type who likes to be able to answer all the teachers questions then the pre-reading is important. i honestly would only glance it over
- Hi whosurdaddy,
Thanks for the tip. Can you please which drug reference book is used at occ. I am confused between Davis and Mosby's.
- Apr 17, '12 by whosurdaddyits davis
- Hi Whosurdaddy
Thank you very much.... It feels good when you are around to share and advice new students.
- Apr 18, '12 by sv99Can you please tell me which dictionary is better.... Mosby's or Taber's.. appreciate your help.
- Apr 18, '12 by princessim2003Hi sv99, thanks for replying I guess I didn't realize that we need to read all those chapters...LOL. Anyway's i'm in the Wed class.
- Apr 18, '12 by sv99Hi princessim2003,
You dont have to read in detail I guess.. if we read the alloted pages.. that would help... I actually started ... then realized that to read those given pages i did have to read some before and some after.... you know what i mean.. I think you were in my A&P class last fall..... if it is Heather..... --------'s.. I used to sit right in the front bench... actually I think when you didnt get your SI notes....I forwarded it to you (this is just to remind you who I am) I think even though we are in different class we should keep in touch either here or through email , to support or help out with our suggestion and problems..Last edit by dianah on Apr 18, '12 : Reason: Terms of Service re: posting names