Sorry to hear about that. Last year I was in your shoes. I remember reading my rejection letter over and over. I felt horrible and I thought I have a 4.0 what else do I need to prove? This is my advice to you. The year will fly. If nursing is what you want to do then you will do what it takes. The point system works like this. Every credit hour you take you get a point, so even if you have say a 3.6,3.8 but have taken your pre reqs at EMU your in better position than a 4.0 transfer student. I transfered to EMU for the winter semester and re-took sociology, psychology, stats, life span and english. I made sure I had all TEAS points. I got A's in all these classes again. This gave me enough points into the 160's to get in. Historically over the past few years the cut off is in the 150's. I know its horrible to think you have to take classes over you already have A's in, but it was an easy semester and it got me to my goal. There is a graduate advisor named ------ who advises for pre nursing students. Make an appointmant to see her she will tell you exactly what you need to do for next year. So this is what I would do.
1. Re-take at least the pre reqs I mentioned. I would stay away from chem or A&P it may be a gamble.
2. Re-take TEAS go to the TEAS website get the study guide and take the online pretest. You need all these points!
3. Make an appointment to see Katie in academic advising (nursing). Listen to her.
4. Keep a good attitude and stay motivated towards your goal. "You were mean't to be a nurse nothing will stop you."
5. Finally, I will see you next Fall because you will get in.
I know a lot of people refused to take classes over. Guess what a short year later their still complaining and I've reached the goal. Take them over its worth it.
I will help you with teachers if you choose to take them over. EMU is a great school I really enjoyed last semester. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you. email@example.com