Discouraged about school - page 2
by skesska 2,760 Views | 16 Comments
Hi :) I have been out of college 10 years, and after applying and acceptance to HFCC in Dearborn a year ago, I started taking classes this winter 2010 semester. I am trying to get what I need done to get on the waitlist for the... Read More
- 0Jan 26, '10 by MsAshleyI am feeling even more discouraged about school today. I talked to someone at HFCC and she told me that now the waiting list is to 3 years!! I just know I don't want to wait that long specially since in the course of that I could have gotten my BSN. Even if I don't wait 3 years it seems like I will be waiting at least 2 to get in now. Guess I need to start looking into the other schools and seeing how long my wait may be thereLast edit by dianah on Jan 26, '10 : Reason: Removed name/identifier, as posting such is Terms of Service violation
- 0Jan 26, '10 by Anne36I feel for you! If this is the discouraged thread Im right there with you. I took my first A&P exam today.75% of it was straight up and the rest was questionable. There were just enough questions on the test about things that were never covered (answers are not in our book) to mess up my grade. I knew a ton of things that were not on the test.
Lab is a joke. I cant even explain. The models are all different, unlabled, wrong keys, or not there at all . Mitosis is shown in about 3 different ways when we all know it only happens one way. Its so bad, I need to attend the other sections lab and take pictures to try and figure this stuff out at home.
- 0Jan 26, '10 by MsAshleyAwww now that doesn't sound good at all! Don't get discouraged this is only the first test! I am sure you will have plenty of time to try and make it up. Just don't lose hope and keep pushing and you will see the benefits. Do they offer and tutoring or things like that? Sometimes I know you can meet with the teacher during office hours as well. Is this an option for you?
- 0Jan 27, '10 by Anne36Thanks Ms Ashley. I will do my best, thats all I can do. I was relieved to discover that it wasnt just me. There were many others who didnt know the answers to the True/ False questions. Im just going to do my best. I think my biggest worry is that Im going to fail and let everyone down.
- 0Feb 6, '10 by ToxicShockQuote from MsAshleyThere was recently a post on AN about this, and they said Toledo is even worse.I agree with you on this one. My plan is to apply at HFCC, OCC, MCC, and I never even thought about St. Clair. I don't want to stray too far away from hom though (I live in Detroit) Becuase I don't want to be panicked about getting to class in time from work or home. Mainly work since I do work full time. I have thought about just pursuing a BSN as well however I hear that the wait list for those programs as well is like 2-3 years. So it seems like everywhere you go these days is killer! Have you maybe considered going to Toledo? I hear that the wait is less there and thats not that far. At least not from me. its like an hour drive. May not be ideal but its a suggestion. Especially with the trouble we have here!
- 0Feb 7, '10 by jazznjacMs Ashely, does Wayne State have an ADN program too, or just BSN? I'm a little biased, but I love WSU--got my first degree there. Also, what classes CAN you take towards a BSN while 'waiting' to get into a program? I was under the impression that most were coreqs with nursing classes that can't be taken until you're in a program. I am super-curious about this! :-) That'd be a great way to knock off a few classes while waiting to find out if I'm in a program or not! You may be onto something.... :-)
- 0Feb 7, '10 by MsAshleyI am not sure asto what classes you could take wile waiting that would really be based upon which school u planned to attend. I wouldn't mind attending WSU however they only take about 70 people a year and they dont have an ADN program. I'm not too sure of what other places can even be considered at this point because everywhere has a waiting list. It is more like a luck option now.