Cheap place for a TB test?Register Today!
- by criswithnoh May 16, '10So I've got my titers, physical, and drug panel taken care but I still need a TB test. Where can I get one for cheap? I keep hearing about Oakwood having $10 tests but I don't exactly know where to go? Does anyone know? Thanks!
- May 16, '10 by zhockeymom77I am in Macomb County and I was told the Health Dept. charges $8.
- May 16, '10 by Do-overThe oakwood tb clinic is at Palmer and Merriman - I think it is the southeast corner - right in front of Walter Reuther hospital. Westland, I think.
They charged me $10 last summer.
- May 16, '10 by criswithnohI should have specified that I'm in Wayne County (Detroit). Thanks guys! I'll check out that Oakwood clinic
- May 20, '10 by bugsmom925chriswithnoh, where did you get all your titers, physical and drug screen done? Can we go now? Because at orientation yesterday they said they would be sending us a form for the doctor to fill out.
- May 20, '10 by criswithnohI got my titers/physical/drug panel done at Western Wayne Family Health Center in Taylor. I don't have insurance and they're stuff is done on a sliding scale. All I had to pay was $20 but I do have to apply for medicaid or they'll charge me the full $150 fee. I would have gotten my TB test done there but they said it would cost $37.
With your happy letter you do get a form for them to fill out with all the titers/physical/etc. so you have to wait to get it all done, but you have to get it all set within the 30 days you receive the letter.
You said orientation...did you mean information meeting?
- May 21, '10 by bugsmom925yes...i meant information meeting
- May 21, '10 by LauJenBugsmom925, Criswithnoh goes to WC3 - at orientation for MCC, they said we don't need to have most of our stuff done till 4-6 weeks before we start, we don't have to have it done within 30 days. Don't worry about it yet (although I think you're starting in August?) since we've got about 3 months - my idea is to wait for our classmates to get it done, talk about it on here, and see who gets it done the cheapest, and then go where they go!
- May 27, '10 by caliotter3I just had one done at the nearest urgent care center and it only cost $25. I think the last time I remember having one done, they wanted $75.