Anyone heard of Athena Career Academy? - page 4
by MISSALISSA777 25,106 Views | 65 Comments
So I was searching on the internet for LPN programs in Michigan or Ohio, and this school popped up. I've never heard of them, I was wondering if anyone else had? I called the phone number, and they said there's no wait for the... Read More
- 0hi i was wondering after TSPN sends u the app why they tell u one date but once u submit the app they say another starting date? is this possible if the testing dates haven't even started?
do u know if they have an alternate list?
if someone fails the exam will they consider another applicant?
i called TSPN the end of oct but they sent the app in the beginning of sept so i mailed it back but the class apparently filled fast so the lady said the next class starts in july 09
- 0Sep 7, '08 by Sirena922MrsRaggs, you took your test already or your trying to take the next available test (NET)? I called and she told me the March class was just about full and the next NET test would be in November so maybe thats what she meant. So I'll be going for the July class and if don't get into that one hopefully I can get in the September one. If you fail the NET then you have one more time to retake it.
- 0the program at tspn has increased this year to 11400 all the programs have gone up in ohio i believe have u sent ur app and takened the net test yet i think the classes fill up really fast b/c i was going for the mar 09 program as well but i called them back shortly after i sent the app and now their saying the next start date is july 09
so could u up date me on ur status
- 0Quote from Sirena922no i have yet to take the net i'm waiting for the testing date their suppose to send you in the mailMrsRaggs, you took your test already or your trying to take the next available test (NET)? I called and she told me the March class was just about full and the next NET test would be in November so maybe thats what she meant. So I'll be going for the July class and if don't get into that one hopefully I can get in the September one. If you fail the NET then you have one more time to retake it.
i'm hoping to get in the mar 09 program
someone told me that alot of ppl either fail the net or don't show up for the orientation session and their seats become available so i'm keeping my fingers crossedLast edit by mrsraggs01 on Sep 7, '08 : Reason: error in grammar
- 0Quote from mrsraggs01have u sent ur app back in the mail yetno i have yet to take the net i'm waiting for the testing date their suppose to send you in the mail
i'm hoping to get in the mar 09 program
someone told me that alot of ppl either fail the net or don't show up for the orientation session and their seats become available so i'm keeping my fingers crossed
- 0Sep 11, '08 by skitty4444They do have an alternate list. We started with 44 people and I believe they keep 4-5 as alternates. They do seem to fill up fast. I had to have afternoons and I started doing the process in about November an got in the next October. If I wanted days I could have got in April they said. I have seen alot of people complaining about the time frames. I do know some people don't pass the test. Personally I thought it was alot harder than the net I took at HFCC. Good Luck
- 1I graduated from ATHENA CAREER ACADEMY, it is a prvate school and their pass rate exceeds Toledo School of Practical Nursing, I heard TSPN was losing their lciense because of poor pass rates and poor NCLEX rates, Athena is in a much better location and they really care about their students, they also include IV certification in their program. Conditionsl spproval means they are a new program it doesn't effect whether the students graduate, all school are on coditionsl spprovsl their first year. What is really bad is if they lose their full spproval as TSPN and Browne-Mackie College are in danger of!! Half of our students come from Michigan. They are also working on an online LPN-RN program and I sm tranferring to Lourdes College they have an affiliate agreement with ATHENA for the LPN to BSN with no wait for seats. ATHENA looks more expensive because all books/materials/lab fees, uniforms, graduation, NCLEX fees are al included with the price everyone makes you pay extra money each quarter. There is no federal funding, they have Sallie Mae and a higher quality.
- 0Athena Career Academy LPN program doesn't require a net test and has no wait for seats the new class starts in October. We had great clinical experiences and a better progrsm. My brother went to TSPN and he said our Athena program was MUCH better!! Another class starts in January.
- 0Athena is not more expensive, they just tell the costs all up front, not charge you each quarter 1,000 + for more books materials insurance, uniforms, everything is provided. the number is 877 233 4141 if that helps, your number was the wrong number!! My cousin went to PSI and she said you are training yourself, the labs are in the classroom and really bad they also have alot of pre-reqs and your tuition does'nt cover all costs. they and TSPN have a waiting list and Athena doesn't yet, when they get their Federal funding they will have a wait too!!