Any MI nurses commute to Toledo?Register Today!
- by resilientnurse Oct 2, '11Hi,
Just wondering if there are any Michigan RNs that commute to the Toledo area for work, like from the Ann Arbor/Monroe area? Is the pay comparable? Worth the commute? Thanks.
- Oct 2, '11 by westieluvI live in Monroe County and work in Monroe. I work with several nurses who live in Toledo and commute to Monroe, instead of the other way around. They all tell me that wages are better in Michigan, to the tune of $3-4/hr. I used to commute to the Toledo area from Michigan when I worked at Flower Hospital in Sylvania, Ohio but I left there ten years ago, so I can't tell you if wages are that much better in Michigan personally, since I'm sure the wage scales have changed quite a bit since I last worked in Ohio. I can say that I worked with several nurses from Michigan when I worked at Flower, just as I work with several nurses from Ohio now that I work in Michigan. I think it's one of those six of one, half dozen of the other type of things based on personal preference or other factors such as distance, rate of pay, type of job being available in one area and not the other, etc.
- Promedica quoted me a starting rate of 23$ staff nurse, their internal agency nurse pay is around 30$ an hr, this was all information given to me within the last few weeks, they had alot of openings listed on their site the middle of Sept when I sent resumes out and started getting phone interviews.
- Quote from ZooMommyRNThen it's true, wages are quite a bit higher in Michigan.Promedica quoted me a starting rate of 23$ staff nurse, their internal agency nurse pay is around 30$ an hr, this was all information given to me within the last few weeks, they had alot of openings listed on their site the middle of Sept when I sent resumes out and started getting phone interviews.
- They both pay more than FL with similar cost of living
- I know, that's what I hear, although I have never lived in Florida. I have seen a lot of posts on these forums where nurses say how much they make in states like Florida, Georgia, and Alabama and I realize how spoiled we are to be living here and making Ohio and Michigan wages. I think I would rather put up with a cold winter than make almost $10/hr. less than I do now.
- Me too that is why we are packing up and moving north lol I start at UofM Motts ER Nov 28th
- Good for you! That sounds like a challenging but rewarding job. I imagine the new Motts is gorgeous.