Shannynriley 1,280 Views
Joined Nov 28, '12.
Posts: 6 (33% Liked)
I just found this post! Congrats to all of us grads that made it through. It was a rough 2 years
Hey, I just graduated from Southwest 12/13/12. Everyone from any school will tell you what they disliked about their program. There is NO perfect school. I will tell you my opinion regarding STCC. I worked full time the first semester it was hard but I did it. The nights weekends program was nice because classes were only two nights a week and we could almost always get Saturday or Sunday clinicals. The second semester I still worked full time but almost did not pass. I switched to part time work In January of last year and completed my nursing program while only working part time. There were over half of the class still working full time. Out of the 60 of us that started together in January 2011 there were only half of us graduating together ontime in December 2012. The program is hard, I loved some teachers and dreaded others. Let me know if you have any more questions. *
The HESI comprehenive review for NCLEX had a ton of Hesi hints that really helped me for the exit HESI. I needed a 950. Scored 931 first time and then 1005 second time. That book helped a tin.
The HESI NCLEX study book has a bunch of hints that really helped me the first time. Our school requires a 950 I made 931 just using the HESI book.
I did investigate other online schools and chose WGU for the following reasons:
1) Affordable - $3k / six month term. Take all the courses you can in that time frame and pay no additional tuition.
2) Asynchronous- I work full time night shift and could NEVER have fit a traditional online program into my schedule ( as in, be online for discussion group at this time every week)
3) Rigorous - the academic quality is second to none
4) Accredited - regionally and with the important nursing organizations.
5) Mentors - my student and course mentors encouraged and supported me, and have become colleagues.
My MSN capstone has been presented at a research symposium and is being published in a peer-reviewed journal!
You took the words right out of my mouth. good luck to you and maybe we will work together someday
Advertise With Us