Dela RN 2,738 Views
Joined Apr 30, '11 - from 'AB, CA'.
Posts: 44 (23% Liked)
Not an experience OR nurse but here's some questions they asked me...
1. Tell me about your past employment and how it's relevant to this position.
2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What were you goals 2 years ago? What are your goals now?
3. Why are you interested in the operating room? Why do you want to be an OR nurse?
4. What kind of communicator are you and give an example of it?
5. Give an example of a confrontation between you and a co-worker, how was the problem solved?
6. What are the roles of the nurses in the OR?
7. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
8. What would your colleagues say about you?
9, How would you set up for a latex allergy?
10. What is the safe surgery checklist?
11. How do you handle stress in your life?
12. How do you handle emergency situations? And give an example.
13. What is family centred care? (I work in a peds OR)
14. Rate how well you are as a scrub and a circulating nurse in these services: eg. Ortho, general, ENT, Neuro, plastics, etc.
15. How do you maintain your education?
16. How would you set up for an emergency craniotomy as a scrub nurse and as a circulating nurse?
17. How do you prepare to scrub/circulate for case you've haven't done?
18. How do you maintain a good work life balance?
I had a elementary school patient I was admitting. One of the questions we ask is if there were any dietary concerns they wanted the hospital to be aware of like if they were a vegetarian. The kid thought very intently and responded, "Ummm we're omnivores"
Advertise With Us